Postal vote question - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Postal vote question

Quick question, I'm hoping someone might know the answer to....

I currently live down in England and have applied for a postal vote for the general election as I'll be away from home  (currently in the process of moving back to Scotland!)

But.... I'm going away tomorrow, and my postal ballot still hasn't arrived! A week and a half away from the election!

No way I'll be back down on the 8th - does anyone know if I do the royal mail redirection service  (where they send all your mail to a new address), whether or not the'll send ballot papers?

Just wondered if they weren't allowed to redirect them specifically, for voter fraud or something?!

Had a look at the Royal Mail website and the electoral commission and can't see anything.

I phoned the council the other day and they say all the ballots haven't been sent yet as not all the parties standing have named their candidates yet...  leaving it a bit late!

Spoke to the electoral roll dude at the council. Ballots getting posted out tomorrow, so I'll miss it.

Probably too late to do a royal mail redirection as well, they take up to 5 days to set up.

Couldn't register up North, only picky up keys to our rented place today.

It would be SNP up North, and whoever has the best chance of bearing the tories down South, so this time Labour

4 hours ago, Maq said:

Spoke to the electoral roll dude at the council. Ballots getting posted out tomorrow, so I'll miss it.

Probably too late to do a royal mail redirection as well, they take up to 5 days to set up.

Couldn't register up North, only picky up keys to our rented place today.

It would be SNP up North, and whoever has the best chance of bearing the tories down South, so this time Labour

Ach min. why didn't you say you intended to vote Labour? Just tell the local candidate and he will sort it for you. They manage to vote for dean folk, so voting for you should be easy. :lol: