Pre match advice - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pre match advice

Butthead

There's a few options.

I normally prefer going to the pubs around Central Station if it's going to be a small crowd because you just jump on a train or get a taxi out to Hampden. We might go to Shawlands this time as the trains and taxis will be mobbed from about 2:30 onwards.

Or sometimes we go to The Pandora or Victoria Bar on Victoria road but I reckon these will be heaving for this game.

The other option is to get a bottle of buckie and hang around Queen's Park like a jakey.

5 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Pandora's is shut now is it not?

Also, regarding transport, mind the SFA are putting on the free buses to and from Hampden/Buchanan bus station ??

Is it? I've not been there in a couple of years so maybe it is. It was a decent boozer as well  

Vicky bar is definitely still open though.

20 hours ago, Graham of Montrose said:

I would prefer the  Buckie / Queen's Park / Jakey option than any of the following

The Pandora or Victoria Bar 

Nothing wrong with the Vicky bar mate. 

Not when there's a Scotland game on anyway. I'm not sure I'd fancy it on a normal Saturday night. 

1 hour ago, 1ANDYP said:

Nothing wrong with it any day of the week. Good staff good locals. Never a bit of bother in it. . Each to their own though. 

Doesn't surprise me to hear that.  Always seems a decent pub when I've been.

I've only ever been in when going to Hampden so couldn't comment on what it's normally like. 

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

Anyone been to a pub called the Picture House in Rutherglen ? We've an Airbnb booked close by.

Looks ok, half hour walk to ground.

Nice big pub only benefit in a couple of times. Quite  a few pubs round about it. Probably 20 mins walk from hampden. 

8 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

Anyone been to a pub called the Picture House in Rutherglen ? We've an Airbnb booked close by.

Looks ok, half hour walk to ground.

Been there a few times prematch. Its quite good.

Think they have an outside area as well 

There is a taxi rank not far from ther pub