Security - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Security

YORKIE PAM

There will be in and around the Hampden Park, Kings Park & Mount Florida areas.

I have been told by several friends that the police are restricting the Merchant City area of the city centre for England fans only - kind of makes sense i suppose, although there will be lots of pubs in the town that will be "mixed", can't see too many issues though, there hasn't been many major problems in the last 3 meetings.

Having said that the higher risk of trouble is usually up here as far as this fixture is concerned.

14 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

There will be in and around the Hampden Park, Kings Park & Mount Florida areas.

I have been told by several friends that the police are restricting the Merchant City area of the city centre for England fans only - kind of makes sense i suppose, although there will be lots of pubs in the town that will be "mixed", can't see too many issues though, there hasn't been many major problems in the last 3 meetings.

Having said that the higher risk of trouble is usually up here as far as this fixture is concerned.

There was a report last week or so ago about the 2000 or so England fans who have travel bans in place. Under the ban they can't stop them traveling to Scotland as you obviously don't need a passport, they were looking at asking them all to report to local police stations at 4pm or something. Not read anything about it since.

I'd imagine that there will be an increase in checks in and around Hampden prior to kick off.

If someone wants to bomb a stadium having an extra line of G4S stewards and some extra bobbies will not stop them.  Intelligence and disrupting them at source can only do that.  

11 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Cordons set up for body and bag searches. 

Surely there is no need to take a bag into a football match unless you have a medical need to do so. 

I take the club flag in one, can't see any other reason. :s

10 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Cordons set up for body and bag searches. 

Surely there is no need to take a bag into a football match unless you have a medical need to do so. 

I attended a match in England last month and (given I had traveled overnight from Glasgow) had a bag with me. Plenty of reasons people might have one with them.

Doesn't take long for a steward to look inside it and give it the OK