Score Predictions for england game? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score Predictions for england game?

albathebrave

18 hours ago, albathebrave said:

hope so!

Naw thats 40 mins of head in hands stuff :lol:

15 hours ago, gusmac said:

2-1 scotland

griffiths to break his duck.....

did not read that as duck......

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think England are anything special and I certainly feel more comfortable with some of the players that have been called up to the squad, however, I have very little confidence in Strachan to get it right, 1 nil to England.

I have a bad feeling about this game. Feel it might be a heavy defeat. (like 1-5 or something like that) Kane's form at the end of the season was really accelerating, a young fast team, wanting to make a mark. Strachan I doubt will be inspiring and tactically he will be the same. It will probably be a lot tighter on the night and not as bad I fear but looking at squads v squads I can't see any Scottish player making their squad (not even close). And then they have some real dangerous players. Big test.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. Feel it might be a heavy defeat. (like 1-5 or something like that) Kane's form at the end of the season was really accelerating, a young fast team, wanting to make a mark. Strachan I doubt will be inspiring and tactically he will be the same. It will probably be a lot tighter on the night and not as bad I fear but looking at squads v squads I can't see any Scottish player making their squad (not even close). And then they have some real dangerous players. Big test.

Anything's possible I suppose but when was the last time we lost a competitive game so heavily especially at home?

It's more likely to be yet another glorious failure where we compete well for most of the match and just come up short. 

Alternatively we could have a right go at them and with a bit of luck we might just sneak it. 

You asked the question I am answering you as honestly as I can. I did say it will (hopefully) be tighter on the night but I think this one has the potential for a gubbing and yeah at home. I am usually bullish with Scotland playing stronger opponents but this particular game has me worried. Maybe just me. Hope for the best expect the worst.... maybe Strachan's finest hour as manager with a scrappy 1-0. fingers crossed.

Edited by thplinth

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You asked the question I am answering you as honestly as I can. I did say it will (hopefully) be tighter on the night but I think this one has the potential for a gubbing and yeah at home. I am usually bullish with Scotland playing stronger opponents but this particular game has me worried. Maybe just me. Hope for the best expect the worst....

It wasn't my question but fair enough. I'm not sure what your basing your opinion on though. 

Seems a lot of people have written our chances off before a ball has been kicked. 

A narrow defeat is far more likely than a heavy one if our past Hampden performances against Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy etc. and we've even had the odd victory against one of the bigger teams as well.

I'm not saying England couldn't give us a doing, they certainly have the players to hurt us. Mind you, they had the players to hurt Iceland last year as well and they made a right @rse of that. 

On 2017-6-4 at 8:02 PM, 1ANDYP said:

Hope your not going on Saturday. When was the last time they won 4-0 away against any c%nt. We have proved we can be a match for anyone over the years. Saturday will be no different I hope.

I will be going on Saturday as always, I admire your optimism.

We have played well against much better teams than England in recent years. We lost narrowly to Italy, Spain, and Germany at Hampden and they were all world champions at the time. England are nowhere near that level. Aye, they've got some good players. Kane and Alli will both be threats, but they are not strong at the back and have a dodgy keeper, so we can get at them. 

They were lucky to beat Slovakia, who were down to ten men, and were extremely fortunate to scrape a draw against Slovenia, whom we've already beaten at Hampden.

Yes, we lost three nil at Wembley but Strachan is right when he says we created at least as many chances which were probably more clear cut than them. So we need to be clinical and take most of our chances. We will create quite a few, I think.

Gordon, Tierney, Robertson, Armstrong, and Brown have been terrific this season, so at home with a raucous Tartan Army in full voice, we have a decent chance. I'm heading there not merely in blind hope but believing we can and will win the game!

Guest MorayCupMan
Just now, RabtheBruce said:

We have played well against much better teams than England in recent years. We lost narrowly to Italy, Spain, and Germany at Hampden and they were all world champions at the time. England are nowhere near that level. Aye, they've got some good players. Kane and Alli will both be threats, but they are not strong at the back and have a dodgy keeper, so we can get at them. 

They were lucky to beat Slovakia, who were down to ten men, and were extremely fortunate to scrape a draw against Slovenia, whom we've already beaten at Hampden.

Yes, we lost three nil at Wembley but Strachan is right when he says we created at least as many chances which were probably more clear cut than them. So we need to be clinical and take most of our chances. We will create quite a few, I think.

Gordon, Tierney, Robertson, Armstrong, and Brown have been terrific this season, so at home with a raucous Tartan Army in full voice, we have a decent chance. I'm heading there not merely in blind hope but believing we can and will win the game!

Totally agree....i dina understand the negativity surrounding this fixture.They are really good players wina deny that,but they lack the mentality of the likes of germany,spain,italy and the likes.  Just rattle these barstewards from the first minute and win ugly...we can do this.

Edited by MorayCupMan

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Robertson or Tierney would make theirs. 

Guest MorayCupMan
2 hours ago, thplinth said:

I have a bad feeling about this game. Feel it might be a heavy defeat. (like 1-5 or something like that) Kane's form at the end ofcampaignseason was really accelerati ng, a young fast team, wanting to make a mark. Strachan I doubt will be inspiring and tactically he will be the same. It will probably be a lot tighter on the night and not as bad I fear but looking at squads v squads I can't see any Scottish player making their squad (not even close). And then they have some real dangerous players. Big test.

You gotta remember it was the end of season when there always is a fair few high scoring games....i mind before going into the poland game in last quilifying campaign when lewondowski scored 8 or 9 in a matter of a few games and everyone was fearing the worse for that game.....mind you think he got the two that night....so i'LL shut up then maybe.....still gota a point though, should have really won though

Edited by MorayCupMan

I'm going for 2-0 scotland.  Think we will have times when the drawbridge will be up but I just think we will or should be more motivated for the game.

Hoping England sleepwalk into an ambush and their tiki-taka football does not work when the sliding tackles go in.  

My head says England by a couple, just can't see how our defence can cope with their firepower.

I did read we have only lost to them twice out of 11 meetings in years ending in 7 though. Hopefully they do go into the game with a bit of complacency...

19 hours ago, RabtheBruce said:

Well said. We go to the game, sing our hearts out and believe we can get the win. They are not unbeatable. I'm going for 2-1 Scotland. Us to lose a late goal and be hanging on for the last wee bit but see it out.

6 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Given our struggles to score and Strachan's enigmatic choices and tactics, at the moment I'd predict something like 0-3.

At Hampden at 5pm on Saturday, I'll be expecting a 2-0 Scotland. For a minute or two anyway.

First goal crucial, this is the game Griffiths needs to get his goal. Team will be same as Slovenia match, with maybe Fraser on for Snoddy or Forrest, even by Strachans standards he wont revert back to type for this one.

Guest MorayCupMan
1 hour ago, bossman4 said:

First goal crucial, this is the game Griffiths needs to get his goal. Team will be same as Slovenia match, with maybe Fraser on for Snoddy or Forrest, even by Strachans standards he wont revert back to type for this one.

I'm hoping Fraser starts myself ...we will need his speed without a doubt if we are to make any kind of impact in this game,but just canna see Strachan starting him for some reason and as for Griffiths he better bloody score in this one...My patience is kinda running thin