Score Predictions for england game? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score Predictions for england game?

albathebrave

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MorayCupMan said:

I'm hoping Fraser starts myself ...we will need his speed without a doubt if we are to make any kind of impact in this game,but just canna see Strachan starting him for some reason and as for Griffiths he better bloody score in this one...My patience is kinda running thin

I think he will, he would have started v Slovenia had he been fit. Was mentioned at the weekend he was in line to start. I think Snoddy could be in real danger of missing out.

Guest MorayCupMan
17 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

I think he will, he would have started v Slovenia had he been fit. Was mentioned at the weekend he was in line to start. I think Snoddy could be in real danger of missing out.

To be honest I have not seen much of snoddy since his move to West Ham so don't really know what his form of late has been like...but would like to see fraser chucked in the starting line up

Edited by MorayCupMan

23 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Folk are giving England waaaayyy too much credit/respect. Hopefully our players aren't as star struck by these hyped up under achievers.

You're looking at this from wrong angle. England aren't great, they're good with very good strikers. The reason for the lack of confidence is our central defence, which is utterly rank and couldn't keep weans out of a close. 

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're looking at this from wrong angle. England aren't great, they're good with very good strikers. The reason for the lack of confidence is our central defence, which is utterly rank and couldn't keep weans out of a close. 

Correct, England aren't great. And their strikers have done very little at the international level. Over-hyped under achievers.

Lets focus on our strengths as well as our weakness. We have a strong core group of Celtic players that performed very well vs Slovenia. Let's hope they can step it up a level again  on Saturday.

On 2017-6-7 at 8:34 AM, MorayCupMan said:

I'm hoping Fraser starts myself ...we will need his speed without a doubt if we are to make any kind of impact in this game,but just canna see Strachan starting him for some reason and as for Griffiths he better bloody score in this one...My patience is kinda running thin

No chance, Strachan will start Forrest as he hands out the Gammys or something like that, and fat slow shitey Chris Martin

On 07/06/2017 at 5:28 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

Reasonable shout from Kris Boyd - to play a back 3 to counter the the threat of their midfield runs. Said it might seem strange when we will only go with one striker, but one of our main strengths will be our full backs getting forward. Seems as good a punt as any against a team with better players than us.

10 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Reasonable shout from Kris Boyd - to play a back 3 to counter the the threat of their midfield runs. Said it might seem strange when we will only go with one striker, but one of our main strengths will be our full backs getting forward. Seems as good a punt as any against a team with better players than us.

Might be right, but we'll play Chris Martin then as crossing into Griffiths is pointless. Admittedly so is crossing into Martin. ?

55 minutes ago, irish said:

I think England may win by a goal but Scotland have a really good chance of holding them to a draw.

Would you take a draw now lads? 

Id probably take the draw just now. I just hope we keep ourselves in the game till late on and are in with a chance of something. My heart says 2-1 scotland. We will see. 

Anyway hope everyone who is out and about today stays safe and enjoys the game and we get a result to send us home happy. See you at hampden. Let's get intae them!!

Will he start Griffiths up top or will he be in behind Martin? 

I'd imagine England will have a lot of possession so Strachan may go with physical option up front to try and hold the ball up. 

I think Scotland would be mad to go toe to toe with them in an open game as England simply have too much pace in that team in attacking areas. 

Do what we do, bore them into submission and sit back ;)

Hope Scotland do it today :ok:

Edited by irish

England have a terrible recent record in summer games. There starting eleven (including players like Bertrand and Livermore) isn't word class.

Strachan's chosen what looks to be a pretty decent side. Hopefully the Celtic effect will help us on the day, and we'll just want it that much more.

I'm going for our lads to take this one... Craig Brown says 2-1 and that will do for me too.

If offered it right now, I wouldn't take a draw.

7 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

England have a terrible recent record in summer games. There starting eleven (including players like Bertrand and Livermore) isn't word class.

Strachan's chosen what looks to be a pretty decent side. Hopefully the Celtic effect will help us on the day, and we'll just want it that much more.

I'm going for our lads to take this one... Craig Brown says 2-1 and that will do for me too.

If offered it right now, I wouldn't take a draw.

My heart says 2-1 to Scotland but my head says 3-0 England. 

?