Was The Referendum Rigged ? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Was The Referendum Rigged ?

Apart fae the overwhelming media bias, the scare mongering fae the banks and big business and the blatant lies of the politicians. Video has appeared claiming 3 examples of evidence of vote rigging and it looks right enough. If that's what got caught on film then makes ye wonder how much went oan. Most people I know friends or family who were voting YES, buzz on the streets seemed to point tae YES....then it's 45 % ???

Scroll tae 0,50 seconds as the intro goes on a bit

Anyway make yer ain minds up...just felt I had tae share

Cheers

Angus

Edited by Angstgoose

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen please stop this. The vote was not rigged - I got up at 6:30 to supervise my local polling station. I then went to Ingliston to supervise the count. We got beat - I knew at 9:15pm we were beat because the turnout in my area, composed of posh people and old people, was already 96%. It was nearly 100% by closing time.

We scared them and they voted in much bigger numbers than the poor areas.

Recycled material that has been proven to be a misinterpretation of the counters actions. There's two problems with conspiracy theories:

1) They are in most cases a complete load of nonsense

2) The fact that almost all of them are a complete load of tosh doesn't mean that they never happen

For my part I think there are much more obvious reasons why there was a victory for the No campaign which can be explained without reference to such theories. Unless there is very unambiguous and solid evidence for vote rigging it just deflects from real analysis of why 55% of the vote went for No. If we are to win independece then we need to look at the real causes why the referendum was lost and not spurious rumours.

Listen please stop this. The vote was not rigged - I got up at 6:30 to supervise my local polling station. I then went to Ingliston to supervise the count. We got beat - I knew at 9:15pm we were beat because the turnout in my area, composed of posh people and old people, was already 96%. It was nearly 100% by closing time.

We scared them and they voted in much bigger numbers than the poor areas.

Yup :ok: I've been saying this 'til I'm blue in the face. We look like petulant school children by continuing to bleat about phantom vote rigging. As Angstgoose actually mentions in his original post, we've much more valid points to make about last minute additions to the ballot paper and dishonest politicians.

As I said in another post most of the so called smoking gun vids will have a sensible explanation for instance the guy in the high vis we can't see what he is writing on. He could have been writing a soppy love poem to his gf for all we know. The clip from sky has already been explained. Think folk are clutching at straws here and would be better looking back at the campaign and learning lessons from it

Clip 1, I'm fairly sure that woman didn't move 200,000 yes papers into the no pile. Although goodness knows what she was doing?

Clip 2, ALL the papers were put on that table before they had been sorted, it is not a pile of No's

Clip 3, that does look dodgy as he'll, but can't tell if he marks it yes or no, but again, he did 1, not 200,000

I'm sure these things probably evened out across the country if it was cheating. It makes the Yes people look pathetic and bad losers. The "fix" was the media coverage beforehand, the vote itself is accurate enough.

As I said in another post most of the so called smoking gun vids will have a sensible explanation for instance the guy in the high vis we can't see what he is writing on. He could have been writing a soppy love poem to his gf for all we know. The clip from sky has already been explained. Think folk are clutching at straws here and would be better looking back at the campaign and learning lessons from it

According to the chief county person the guy writing was following procedure. He's counted his papers into bundles of a set number and is left with an odd number. The procedure was that he puts an elastic band around them with a blank sheet of paper on top and then writes the number of ballots in that bundle on the sheet of paper. Simples.

I hope this dies down, it's embarrassing, we got beat. OK, they lied and deceived their way to victory but they didn't rig 380,000 votes.

Don't wish to upset you but the yes campaign was as full of bollocks as the no campaign. Independence no matter what may be the mantra of the all inclusive tamb but the yes campaign had as Many holes as the no and that was based on a colander ;-)

Whilst some of these videos do look a wee bit suspicious (and they should be investigated by the folk who oversee the referendum), I find it hard to believe they could have changed the overall result of the vote. They would have had to ether change an average of 6000 votes per counting area from YES to NO or disappear an average of 12,000 YES votes per counting area. There is no way they could do that without being noticed IMO.

If the referendum was going to be rigged by a plan from the folk at the top it would have been far more sophisticated than that. Mind you I think Paul Daniels was on the NO side.

Don't wish to upset you but the yes campaign was as full of bollocks as the no campaign. Independence no matter what may be the mantra of the all inclusive tamb but the yes campaign had as Many holes as the no and that was based on a colander ;-)

Did the Yes campaign break the Edinburgh Agreement and introduce a third option on the finish straight? Did the Yes campaign manipulate the media and big business in their favour? Did the Yes campaign attempt to terrify pensioners and the poor? Remember Nobby, we are the TAMB and we are the righteously indignant :ok::lol:

Anyone can be a counter, you just have to register / volunteer. If people were half as interested in the democratic process as they claim to be they could find that out in a couple of minutes on line.

This is getting pathetic. If you're angry, do something with the anger, channel it into some work to make our society better, rather than being a mad conspiracy fuktard

I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I'm pretty sure there are enough checks and balances in place to prevent large scale fraud. The clips do look iffy but we are talking about one or two dodgy folk amongst thousands. It wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference to the result . I've joined the SNP yesterday and aim to volunteer to deliver leaflets and canvass for May 2015.

I hope this dies down, it's embarrassing, we got beat. OK, they lied and deceived their way to victory but they didn't rig 380,000 votes.

You know conspiracy theories are getting a bit out of hand when even Celtic fans aren't buying into them. :D

Talk of vote rigging at this stage is a bit undignified and while I would never completely rule out the possibility, there is no evidence from those clips that it was taking place on a scale large enough to affect the overall outcome.

One thing does puzzle me though. I watched a bit of Sky's coverage and at about 22:15 the anchor announced that they had heard that Westminster were very pleased with the result (or words to that effect). Now, the polls only closed at 22:00 and the counting hadn't yet begun in earnest. Exit polls are often a good indicator of the outcome of elections but no exit polls were taken that day.

So unless Sky just said that for effect, i.e. to stoke up a bit of dramatic tension before going to an ad break, how could anyone have known at that stage what the outcome was even likely to be?

One thing does puzzle me though. I watched a bit of Sky's coverage and at about 22:15 the anchor announced that they had heard that Westminster were very pleased with the result (or words to that effect). Now, the polls only closed at 22:00 and the counting hadn't yet begun in earnest. Exit polls are often a good indicator of the outcome of elections but no exit polls were taken that day.

So unless Sky just said that for effect, i.e. to stoke up a bit of dramatic tension before going to an ad break, how could anyone have known at that stage what the outcome was even likely to be?

GCHQ monitoring phones?...

I tend to agree about the need to accept the result and move on. I will admit that there is part of me suspicious about a lot of what went on though. I cannot believe the confidence shown by YouGov in their polling and the conveyor belt of No politicians that graced the TV screens after 10 o'clock looking smug and confident. It was as if everyone knew No had it in the bag before the counting even started. I got the impression Salmond knew the result early on as well and Cameron scheduled his 7am press conference very early in the night.

That said, none of this is necessarily an indication it was rigged, but I think there's a chance both Yes and No knew we hadn't done enough even before the vote had started.

If people are angry, they'd be better signing up to the SNP/Greens/Bella Caledonia/Sunday Herald than signing petitions. I don't want a recount and I dont want UDI - I want another referendum and I want us to win. The work starts now.

Just what I was about to say. They cheated.

Cameron was the one who insisted the 3rd option was removed from the ballot, Cameron was the one who ran up here with shite running down his legs to put it back on under No days before the vote.

And people are ok with this vote? Sorry, but what the fukk?!

Anyone can be a counter, you just have to register / volunteer. If people were half as interested in the democratic process as they claim to be they could find that out in a couple of minutes on line.

This is getting pathetic. If you're angry, do something with the anger, channel it into some work to make our society better, rather than being a mad conspiracy fuktard

I am not being a conspiracy fuktard thank you very much :wink2: ...merely sharing something I found in the news. As mentioned in another reply, the story running on various news channels. Am I angry yes...am I politically active also yes ( no need for personal attacks )

I agree with others that the election wasn't won by vote rigging alone, but it is possible it went on to a degree but in my first line I stated other reasons too. It was rigged on many fronts.

It was rigged cos they had the full force of the media backing them.

It was rigged cos they used the banks to scare the electorate with the threat of a rise in interest rates etc

It was rigged cos people like me couldn't vote...a Scot who was forced to move abroad tae work cos I couldn't make ends meet at hame. Where was my voice ?, yet 360,000 english living in Scotland got a say ??? How does that work. Especially when Cameron talking English votes for English laws....what a about Scottish only votes for a Scottish referendum ?