League Cup - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Should have scored a few goals in the first half, will it come back to bite us on the arse...

oh how I hate fitba. 

Dundee are actually better than United just now.  That's been three years now and it's taking a bit of getting used to.  

Other than the Ravanelli Experiment when they spent themselves to oblivion I think this is the first time we've had to accept that the wee team are superior in about 50 years. Hopefully it's a temporary thing and not the end of the Second Era of football in the city with a return to pre-1962 positions. 

This place is cracking sometimes.

"Rangers are always drawn at home" *Rangers get away draw* "Aye but it's only 2 miles from Ibrox"!!!  

And then "They're clearly being kept apart so they can play Celtic in the semi/final".  If some of you boys are serious with this stuff you really need to go for a wee lie down and consider jacking football in completely as it can't be good for your mental health!! :lol::lol:

37 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Is there a poorer supported club in Scotland than Hamilton?

2.5 times for Aberdeen fans than Hamilton fans, at a Hamilton home game. Farcical. Only £10 to get in to. No excuse for that. 

Really hope we get rid of them out the Premiership this year, an embarrassment to the league. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

2.5 times for Aberdeen fans than Hamilton fans, at a Hamilton home game. Farcical. Only £10 to get in to. No excuse for that. 

Really hope we get rid of them out the Premiership this year, an embarrassment to the league. 

they deserve their place in the league but I would rather see another team with more than 17 fans in the league but if those teams can't get their act together Hamilton deserve their place.

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I know we're not exactly flush with fans but we take about ten times to Hamilton compared with what they bring to RP!

It's amazing how they survive but fair play to them. Must be a hard shift as even for big cup games/play off games they barely pull a support. It's only 30 miles away but they bring a similar support to Ross County.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

56 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

This place is cracking sometimes.

"Rangers are always drawn at home" *Rangers get away draw* "Aye but it's only 2 miles from Ibrox"!!!  

And then "They're clearly being kept apart so they can play Celtic in the semi/final".  If some of you boys are serious with this stuff you really need to go for a wee lie down and consider jacking football in completely as it can't be good for your mental health!! :lol::lol:

Beat me to it. 

If they actually do believe the nonsense they're posting then they are all falling into the same mentalist category as Scotty. 

Essentially make predictions, but only either odds on one's or already guaranteed, then if things disprove you claim it's a conspiracy. 

Childish logic. 

I'm sure there's a name for this type of mental approach to the world. Just can't remember it. 

11 hours ago, Reevesy said:

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

they deserve their place in the league but I would rather see another team with more than 17 fans in the league but if those teams can't get their act together Hamilton deserve their place.

Yeah, football is a meritocracy and credit to them for making the most of what must be very meager resources.

I just think it makes our game look bad when a home Premiership side has circa 800 fans at a match.  

6 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

The Old Firm force is strong in Hamilton.The only Accies fans I know are from Strathaven and East Kilbride.

Yeah and I don't feel they have the local pride in the team you get in places like Paisley or even Motherwell. You tend to find folk there will at least have a soft spot for St Mirren/Motherwell or people from the town who don't follow football will have some attachment (or at least jump on the bandwagon when they reach a cup final).

On the one hand, the support is pathetic.

On the other, it could happen to any of the non city teams. 25 years kicking around the lower leagues with no home for years...

I've lived in the next 2 towns to hamilton most of my life and I can comfortably count the hamilton fans I know of on my fingers. (I'm not talking best mates here, I'm counting a boy I remember from BBs and my mates parents neighbours son :lol: )

They do seem to do a bit of community stuff and give kids free tickets, not sure why they can't capture the imagination of the town at all?

1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

I've lived in the next 2 towns to hamilton most of my life and I can comfortably count the hamilton fans I know of on my fingers.

Aye but coming from Lanarkshire, you've probably got about 18 of those. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Aye but coming from Lanarkshire, you've probably got about 18 of those. 

:lol:

i was conscious I was setting that one up.

Back to the League cup, apparently BT are showing 3/4 games. Suspect Hibs v Livi will be the one not on.

Motherwell v Aberdeen in the league already scheduled for Sunday, so suspect that would be the logical choice for Thursday night. Although when was logic a factor?

47 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Back to the League cup, apparently BT are showing 3/4 games. Suspect Hibs v Livi will be the one not on.

Motherwell v Aberdeen in the league already scheduled for Sunday, so suspect that would be the logical choice for Thursday night. Although when was logic a factor?

In fact Celtic play Rangers on the Saturday, so they will definitely be on Tuesday/Wednesday with Motherwell or Hibs on Thursday.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

i was conscious I was setting that one up.

If it gets played on the Thursday night I might just take the Thursday and Friday off work, go to both games and have a long weekend in Glasgow.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, football is a meritocracy and credit to them for making the most of what must be very meager resources.

I just think it makes our game look bad when a home Premiership side has circa 800 fans at a match.  

Absolutely.    It's up to the others to pap them off their perch, but they have been in the top league 7/10 seasons now.

Dates and TV selections have been confirmed for the Betfred Cup quarter-finals, with three of the four matches to be shown live on BT Sport.

Tuesday 19 September, 2017
Hibernian v Livingston
Partick Thistle v Rangers (Live on BT Sport)

Wednesday 20 September, 2017
Dundee v Celtic (Live on BT Sport)

Thursday 21 September, 2017
Motherwell v Aberdeen (Live on BT Sport)

All kick-offs 7.45pm

Semi-final ties will be played on the weekend of October 21/22, with the final scheduled for Sunday 26 November.

Read more at https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-qf-dates-amp-tv-selections/#Ap1a1lgutbY2gTcF.99

As expected then.