League Cup - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Been on holiday so not been on this much.

Ayr-Killie on a Friday night is an interesting one!

I was going to mention it in the Scottish cup thread but didn't want to derail the thread from arguments about everything and anything other than the Scottish cup final itself :lol:

14th July which is a Friday night for the Ayrshire derby. I presume a neutral has next to no chance of picking a ticket up for this? That will be over a month without seeing a live match so I'd be up for going if I could. I see BT are covering it too though.

Guest MorayCupMan
10 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Just as well they regionalised it, Hearts away to Elgin and Peterhead on Tuesday nights. 

lovely destinations that 2 are..:lol: 

buckie thistle going to be playing 2 dundee teams,cowdenbeath and raith...good for the fans of a highland league club though,bet they winna be complaining.

20 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I was going to mention it in the Scottish cup thread but didn't want to derail the thread from arguments about everything and anything other than the Scottish cup final itself :lol:

14th July which is a Friday night for the Ayrshire derby. I presume a neutral has next to no chance of picking a ticket up for this? That will be over a month without seeing a live match so I'd be up for going if I could. I see BT are covering it too though.

You;ll be able to pick up a ticket for it, Somerset holds 10,000.

Ayr end will be easier than ours, although I think we get 3,000 for Railway End/Part of stand and that might be pushing it a peak holiday season. My dad and sister can't make it due to holidays and few of the boys the same so it might not be as much as a scramble as normal.

Ours will go on sale to season ticket holders at first as we'll have more season ticket holders than allocation (just!) but i'll easily go to a public sale.

Had it been 3rd round of the Scottish Cup it would be a different story.

Will still be a decent crowd, especially for League Cup.

22 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Just as well they regionalised it, Hearts away to Elgin and Peterhead on Tuesday nights. 

Brutal for midweek but these are the type of draws I always keep my fingers crossed for. Problem for us is that, when we do get these games, they often get moved to other grounds like Albion Rovers in January for example.

52 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Brutal for midweek but these are the type of draws I always keep my fingers crossed for. Problem for us is that, when we do get these games, they often get moved to other grounds like Albion Rovers in January for example.

I doubt either of those two sides would move for a cup game, Elgin's grounds is actually quite similar to Berwick. Peterhead is a bit smaller IIRC but with more seats. Behind the goals was just a barrier and no slope IIRC.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Yeah those are 2 of the 4 SPFL grounds i have still to visit so i was delighted with the draw when it was made on Friday and thought maybe take the family up for the weekend had they been on a Saturday.

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Disappointed that we didnt get Berwick away :(

Not sure why they picked our game against Queens Park to be on the tele. Not as if there will be much of a crowd at Hampden. 

Hopefully it book ends our season nicely playing at Hampden 1st and last...

:P:ok:

Is probably the least interesting of our fixtures though...

Edited by sbcmfc

9 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I doubt either of those two sides would move for a cup game, Elgin's grounds is actually quite similar to Berwick. Peterhead is a bit smaller IIRC but with more seats. Behind the goals was just a barrier and no slope IIRC.

Elgin's ground is nothing like Shielfield. 

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, nothing at all eh?

Aye.

One has a speedway track around it one doesn't. One has a long covered seated stand one has a long covered standing area. One has a wee covered standing area one has a wee covered seated stand. One has terracing behind the goals one doesn't.

Edited by macy37

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...