Dress code : Silver debentures - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dress code : Silver debentures

macy37

In there on Saturday for first time.

It does state no denims, team colours, training shoes but I wandered how strict this is?

I was planning on wearing my extremely smart and chic dark jeans which are classy if I do say so myself along with nice collored shirt and tweed style blazer however reading the buff makes me think it might need to be more a chino/suit trouser job??

Oddly it also states "smart casual"...surely I'd be smart casual enough, no??

Looks like a phone call might be needed??

I'd say you were smart casual but...

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

It does state no denims, team colours, training shoes but I wandered how strict this is?

I was planning on wearing my extremely smart and chic dark jeans which are classy if I do say so myself along with nice collored shirt and tweed style blazer however reading the buff makes me think it might need to be more a chino/suit trouser job??

Anyway, this is a first for me. Fashion :o

15 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

I'd say you were smart casual but...

Anyway, this is a first for me. Fashion :o

Aye exactly. What's the difference between a pair of dark chinos and a pair of quality dark denims?

Apart from about £40 in price with chinos being cheaper! 

On 08/06/2017 at 7:17 PM, macy37 said:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the deal you got?

The reason I ask is, against my better judgement I was persuaded to give up my perfectly good £45 ticket to sit here on the promise of a free bar; which didn't materialise. It did sound too good to be true, and as it turned out, it was. Seemed to be quite a few guys in the same situation.

As a side note, saw a guy with the clean sweep on the dress code, Liverpool shirt, joggy bottoms and trainers.

:lol:

Edited by sbcmfc

On 2017-6-8 at 7:17 PM, macy37 said:

Is there such a thing as a small casual ?

24 minutes ago, fringo said:

Is there such a thing as a small casual ?

didnt get a close look at the England fans...

Smart casual for me would be jeans and a shirt or polo shirt, the no denims throws a bit of a curveball in there! That's then just a suit without a tie.

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If you don't mind me asking, what was the deal you got?

The reason I ask is, against my better judgement I was persuaded to give up my perfectly good £45 ticket to sit here on the promise of a free bar; which didn't materialise. It did sound too good to be true, and as it turned out, it was. Seemed to be quite a few guys in the same situation.

As a side note, saw a guy with the clean sweep on the dress code, Liverpool shirt, joggy bottoms and trainers.

Should have said in your message & I could have told you there is no longer any hospitality options at Hampden with a free bar :ok: