Scotland v England : Match Thread - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England : Match Thread

Big Col

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Don't want to be too negative but Anya and Snodgrass shouldn't be near the starting XI. 

They were certainly both very poor today. 

Can't comment on Anaya's form but Snoddy has been poor for months. Shame. Very talented player. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Don't want to be too negative but Anya and Snodgrass shouldn't be near the starting XI. 

neither should Gordon and Armstrong on that evidence

rabbit in headlights both of them

4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Anya's lost a lot of the pace he seemed to have at the beginning of the last campaign and seems to tire much easier these days. Any idea why his fitness has dropped?

1 minute ago, Bino's said:

neither should Gordon and Armstrong on that evidence

rabbit in headlights both of them

Rubbish. Armstrong had a decent game. He just made an arse of it at the end.

Gordon I agree was shite.

1 minute ago, Marky said:

Rubbish. Armstrong had a decent game. He just made an arse of it at the end.

Gordon I agree was shite.

he choked it at the end

which was the important bit to see out one of our most famous results but couldn't due to lack of bottle

only excuse for him was his second cap but completely choked

Snodgrass has been shit since the Malta game. 

Anyway here's my take on goalkeepers.

When you play with a club that is as dominant in possession  as Celtic you don't have a lot to do.

A goalkeeper from a club that is under the cosh regularly in games has more to do. Mentally they are more with it.

Craig Gordon was all over the place . You can get away with it in the SPL with Celtic but not at international level .

Some of his outfield colleagues though were  very guilty of giving possession away cheaply too.

Tierney, Griffiths and Armstrong were all excellent. They made mistakes because they were looking for the ball and were central players. Gordon made mistakes, so what fhuck off he is normally excellent. Hugely annoying game as usual.

8 minutes ago, Bino's said:

he choked it at the end

which was the important bit to see out one of our most famous results but couldn't due to lack of bottle

What a load of nonsense. He didn't choke at all. He made a mistake. He phuked up a pass. He made a bad decision. All those things.

Choked my arse.

Griffiths especially was superb (obviously) but that moment he went back and took the ball off them especially summed him up tonight. Fair play to Southgate who I think is a poor manager he saw Rashford was deep in Teirneys pocket and replaced him with Oxlade. That was enough to randomize it and get the goal. They have a much better squad than us and the few good players we have is not enough to cope with it all the time. Don't blame our best players FFS they make mistakes because they are there. 

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Griffiths especially was superb (obviously) but that moment he went back and took the ball off them especially summed him up tonight. Fair play to Southgate who I think is a poor manager he saw Rashford was deep in Teirneys pocket and replaced him with Oxlade. That was enough to randomize it and get the goal. They have a much better squad than us and the few good players we have is not enough to cope with it all the time. Don't blame our best players FFS they make mistakes because they are there. 

Spot on Thplinth! :ok:

I don't mind Anya usually but was absolutely astonished how totally inept he looked all day. I was surprised how much more room England had down the flank after Snodgrass went off, so I figured he was maybe doing an unglamorous but effective job.

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

he choked it at the end

Harsh, to say the least. 

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

he choked it at the end

:blink:

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Anya, snodgrass, and possibly Armstrong were disappointing.  Griffiths did well even aside from his two goals.  We desperately need a right back.

:blink:

Tieney was superb today.