Scotland v England : Match Thread - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v England : Match Thread

Big Col

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they were trying to wind us up. But, as with everything else they tried, they got drowned out.

Overall, I thought the England fans were rubbish, confirmed by looking about on YouTube and the like since. No colour, no passion, just 4000-odd middle-aged white blokes with no real character. I stress the 'white' - you could make legitimate criticisms of the diversity of our support but at least it is improving. Their team is multiracial but their supporters looked and sang like the Last Remnant of UKIP.

On 11/06/2017 at 10:41 PM, McTeeko said:

That's me and my son a few seats directly behind the guy filming. I completely lost it at the second goal and ended up a few steps down from the seat. When I turned around a random guy had picked him up and was dancing about with him, tears streaming down the wee man's face in utter horror/joy/confusion ?

Cannae buy moments like that!

I watched that video and never noticed you in the background!

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2017 at 9:09 PM, Toepoke said:

Brilliant celebration compilation here...

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed watching that even though it made my eyes mist over quite considerably. 

France 98 seems like a beautiful dream these days but sometimes that opening game moment gets recreated for a few fleeting seconds. 

The wee boy in the wheelchair was fantastic. Let's hope he gets the chance to celebrate again. 

37 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting. Really enjoyed watching that even though it made my eyes mist over quite considerably. 

France 98 seems like a beautiful dream these days but sometimes that opening game moment gets recreated for a few fleeting seconds. 

The wee boy in the wheelchair was fantastic. Let's hope he gets the chance to celebrate again. 

The two guys celebrating themselves amongst bemused onlookers at 2mins 11 gets me every time :-))

11 minutes ago, Dogbiscuit said:

What's wrong with wearing flags as capes??

Unfashionable now? ^_^

I remember back in the day, my mother asking, "You didn't walk up the road like that did you?"   I still don't know what here point was though.