Do we not know how to defend for a min or 2 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Do we not know how to defend for a min or 2

bonny78

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I think he was a bit unlucky there.  I have only see it from the west stand but looked a soft booking.

It wasn't a soft booking. 

It was very close to a scissor challenge. 

From behind. 

Reckless and dangerous. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

I will reserve judgement until I see the highlights.  I would like to hear who you think would be better placed to take Scott's jersey?

Just because he's possibly the best we've got in that position, doesn't make him a great player. 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Brown bossed Gerard and Lampard - hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

funniest post I've ever seen on the tamb.

i must hate Celtic 

Were you at the game at Wembley?  Brown was the best midfielder on the park that night.

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just because he's possibly the best we've got in that position, doesn't make him a great player. 

I think he is clearly our best player for that position.  If you mean he is not as great as pirlo then fine, but he is great in Scottish terms.

10 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Were you at the game at Wembley?  Brown was the best midfielder on the park that night.

Yes I was at the game, he didn't boss anything and he was far from the best midfielder 

he's a thug and that's it. He was licky to stay on the park today. 

29 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I think he was a bit unlucky there.  I have only see it from the west stand but looked a soft booking.

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It wasn't a soft booking. 

It was very close to a scissor challenge. 

From behind. 

Reckless and dangerous. 

Yeah, it was a deserved booking.

it's one thing to "let them know you're there" and Brown is normally very good at that - and staying on the right side of the Ref. But he got this one wrong. Definitely deserved a booking.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Yes I was at the game, he didn't boss anything and he was far from the best midfielder 

I see it totally different, and his physical approach is good.  Again I will ask, who would you give his jersey to?

7 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Brown was one of our best players today, that was an opinion from most on our bus on way home, none of them Tims. Only the Dons fans on here don't seem to rate him. Bitter?

Why do Aberdeen fans not like brown?  It's not like they have any players in his league that are close to bothering the Scotland squad that he is keeping out the team?

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Why do Aberdeen fans not like brown?  It's not like they have any players in his league that are close to bothering the Scotland squad that he is keeping out the team?

Just going on the responses on here. Seem to have an irrational dislike of the Scotland captain.

2 hours ago, Mazda said:

Brown was luck not to get a second yellow.

I will have to watch 2nd foul again but  that what the commentators were saying I think.

Just watched it on highlights , defo a foul !

30 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Brown was one of our best players today, that was an opinion from most on our bus on way home, none of them Tims. Only the Dons fans on here don't seem to rate him. Bitter?

Brown was good covering and breaking things up. However in the formation today he was also required to move the ball. This didn't work as well.

Two Aberdeen fans don't rate Brown some how equals we either hate Celtic or all Aberdeen fans hate the Scotland captain, oh you guys are just a hoot:lol:

to blow one of those arguments out of the water, I think Griffiths and Armstrong should be two of the first names on the team sheet as should Tierney. 

Brown was lucky not to be sent off after his second tackle but you could argue that being nailed early on was the reason that dele alli didn't kick the ball for the rest of the game.

Edited by wee-toon-red

I think the ref felt the first yellow might have been a bit harsh (especially after Brown's performance during the game) so he let him off with the second one. He let a few go on both sides. I thought it was the right call and he balanced it out well. In totality I don't think Brown deserved to go off and i think the ref agreed.

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Embarrassing stuff. He's a professional footballer and Scotland captain. 

You obviously have a personal problem with Scott Brown. Sorry about that.

15 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Embarrassing stuff. He's a professional footballer and Scotland captain. 

You obviously have a personal problem with Scott Brown. Sorry about that.

Exactly. 

Thats why he shouldn't be diving in from behind after 3 minutes. 

He should be leading by example. 

18 hours ago, Malcolm said:

because he supported Scottish Independence;)

Biggest problem yesterday was the inability of the whole midfield to hold the ball, string a few passes together and create a few chances - which we singularly failed to do. Shoddy had another poor game, Morrison got crocked early on, Anya got continually blocked and did not seem to have many options. Midfield used to be our strongest area but if you can't keep the ball and create something then it's only a matter of time before pressure tells. Brown played his usual game and was a bit lucky but the rest of the midfield should take more of the blame for a bad performance. Needs sorting if we are to have any chance of getting another result.