This is why we cant qualify - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This is why we cant qualify

bonny78

55 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

No bottle. My granny wud know better to hack the guy twice and do anything possible to stop the ball.  

Feel embarrassed to throw that away and i wont be paying money to watch this unprofessional side.

See ye then, don't let the door bang your arse on the way out. 

Are we really so far out of it?   We've played England twice; Slovakia and Slovenia still to play them.  We're 4 and 3 behind.  We need wins against them, sure, but it's hardly Mission Impossible.  

A win in Lithuania next game and it's game on I say. 

2 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Are we really so far out of it?   We've played England twice; Slovakia and Slovenia still to play them.  We're 4 and 3 behind.  We need wins against them, sure, but it's hardly Mission Impossible.  

A win in Lithuania next game and it's game on I say. 

I'd agree.

56 minutes ago, adamntg said:

And we've still to play them both.  We've had three good results, two bad and one predictable defeat at Wembley.   All to play for.  

will we not have to win our last 4 games with 2 of them being away

You can see the fixtures for your yourself. If we beat Lithuania and Malta we, in competitive games would be on our best form for years and years. If we then won our second last game then it could a typical win or bust final game. That's not how I wanted or predicted the group to go but after a bad start I could see the SFA offering Strachan another two years and despite some recent bad form we could end up on the best since 96 and we may be in agreement with them. We never do it the easy or even predictable way. 

In effect we have still can qualify for the play offs but it will take a lot of cards falling good for us. A given is we need to win all our remaining games. There are a few  other groups where the worst place second team can end up. Could do with ROI and Wales losing today.

Edited by EddardStark

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

In effect we have still can qualify for the play offs but it will take a lot of cards falling good for us. A given is we need to win all our remaining games. There are a few  other groups where the worst place second team can end up. Could do with ROI and Wales losing today.

I admire your optimism Eddard, so I will indeed be hoping for a Welsh and Irish loss today, but I feel we're clutching at straws here.

51 minutes ago, Boynze said:

As much as I live in hope, the likelihood of us winning our next 4 games is very low.

We finished 4th in the last group so to finish higher would be some kind of progress

I think we finished fourth in a harder group.  Slovenia and Slovakia are not as good as Ireland or Poland, and Germany are certainly better than England.  England are no great team, not a top tier team - they won't be bothering the latter stages of the world cup.  There is little progress, but that is not down to strachan, we simply don't have good enough players.

1 hour ago, EddardStark said:

I used to do stuff like this to try to convince myself that we still had a chance in other qualifying groups. You look for other results which might go in our favour. But you know we are in deep trouble when you have start to look for good results in other groups.:lol:

We just won't win 4 games in a row. Not with this squad. 

I could see us winning the next 3 then "bottle it" in the last game by missing a penalty in the last minute. It's the Scotland way.:lol:

Edited by Orraloon

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I used to do stuff like this to try to convince myself that we still had a chance in other qualifying groups. You look for other results which might go in our favour. But you know we are in deep trouble when you have start to look for good results in other groups.:lol:

We just won't win 4 games in a row. Not with this squad. 

I could see us winning the next 3 then "bottle it" in the last game by missing a penalty in the last minute. It's the Scotland way.:lol:

I'll take a Shit or bust in Ljubljana any day of the week. Especially considering how down harted I was after Trnava and Wembley. 

J

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

I'll take a Shit or bust in Ljubljana any day of the week. Especially considering how down harted I was after Trnava and Wembley. 

J

Same here. If we get to the game knowing a win will see us second we will have done wonders.

I just hope we win in Lithuania. We will beat Malta at home and go into the last 2 games knowing if we win we have a chance. 

37 minutes ago, GordyA88 said:

Same here. If we get to the game knowing a win will see us second we will have done wonders.

I just hope we win in Lithuania. We will beat Malta at home and go into the last 2 games knowing if we win we have a chance. 

that itself is a big hope

98, 0:0

2000, 0:1

2006, 2:1

2010, 0:0

to then back that up with win in Slovenia