Craig Gordon - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Craig Gordon

er yir macaroon

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you two new to football? This isn't unique to Scotland fans and being critical of players for underperforming is hardly new.

as I said above, laying the blame on Gordon is harsh and wrong. 4 or 5 players have to take responsibility for that goal.

You don't read too well do you?

Gordon is a good keeper but for some reason or other he thinks he`s a strolling ball player.Fannying about with the ball,trying to clip passes over the english forwards etc was getting on my tits.He pulled off 2 or 3 good saves but almost cost us a goal in the 1st half was scarey stuff.He has been listening to this nonsense that keepsers start attacks from the back no they are there to save the fecking ball from going in the net.Apart from that he was ok.-_- 

13 minutes ago, HIGHTOWER 1314 said:

Gordon is a good keeper but for some reason or other he thinks he`s a strolling ball player.Fannying about with the ball,trying to clip passes over the english forwards etc was getting on my tits.He pulled off 2 or 3 good saves but almost cost us a goal in the 1st half was scarey stuff.He has been listening to this nonsense that keepsers start attacks from the back no they are there to save the fecking ball from going in the net.Apart from that he was ok.-_- 

He was on one of the Graham Hunter podcasts and it's something Brendan Rodgers has introduced at Celtic. All fine with a club team practicing it every day but a bit dodgy (as shown on Saturday) with players not familiar with it. The defenders (and midfielders) have to move into certain positions for it to work.

https://soundcloud.com/thebiginterview/craig-gordon-buffon-brendan

Edited by fringo

Agree there fringo.He is a good keeper but doing some of the passing he did on saturday didnt help the cause at all.He pulled off a couple of good saves but should have done better at both their goals although then again so should have the defence.I was proud of the team on saturday so dont want to have a moan too much so maybe just disappointment.We live to fight another day.

Its funny (it a not at all funny way) that its gone from us having 3 really good keepers and not knowing who to pick to it suddenly being a bit meh. Whereas England have gone from some diddies to potentially choosing between Forster, Butland, Heaton and maybe even Pickford. 

12 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Its funny (it a not at all funny way) that its gone from us having 3 really good keepers and not knowing who to pick to it suddenly being a bit meh. Whereas England have gone from some diddies to potentially choosing between Forster, Butland, Heaton and maybe even Pickford. 

the £30m pickford...??

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Forster, Butland, Heaton and maybe even Pickford. 

A dozen caps between them.. untested, all very capable of crumbling under the pressure of being an england goalkeeper as soon as they make one significant mistake (which all keepers do eventually). I wouldn't parade their array of international goalkeeping talent just yet. England keepers have been fragile for 20 years.

Bad day at the office for Gordon, but he's a strong guy mentally and will pick himself up and get back to his best.

I think for the first he's actually anticipating the deflection, that's why his left hand stays down and he reaches low and left with it for a moment. The deflection doesn't come and the shot is just too powerful for him to keep out with one hand.

For the 2nd, I think it's actually a lot further away from Gordon than it looks at first. It's curling in towards the goal, so it's further out than it seems, it's also high and in the sun from Gordon's point of view, so really hard to keep focus on it. He could come and try and claim, but it's not easy with the swing in the ball and the sun, and if he misses it then Kane has an empty net. The ball in looks a lot further out on the reverse angle: https://youtu.be/KZWIrOZi_Ok