lee griffiths - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

lee griffiths

gusmac

ran himself into the ground. had very little service and scored two great goals of very high quality. Love to see him kick on and bang a few more in this campaign

30 minutes ago, gusmac said:

ran himself into the ground. had very little service and scored two great goals of very high quality. Love to see him kick on and bang a few more in this campaign

:ok:

Thankless task all day then 2 outrageous free kicks that Messi would've been proud of. Gutted for him that he didn't end up as the matchwinner.

I said it on another thread and will say it here. I am delighted Griffiths has proven me wrong. I have been his biggest critic on this board for years and chuffed I have been proven wrong. Two pieces of magic he gave us and hopefully it'll settle him down now and he'll go on a run for us. A starter as lone striker for the rest of the campaign now.

Me too.  Out with the goals he played well.  I have also been a critic of Leigh, and still not sure whether he is good enough.  Hopefully he will kick on and cement his place as our number 9.  It would help if he could get a regular game for his club.

Always plays well and does a very thankless task, like a better Kenny Miller I'd say, better touch and hold up and certainly a better goal scorer. Against weaker opposition he should score a few if we actually have the ball for a bit. Pubtijng the ball up was a waste of time yesterday though

3 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Always plays well and does a very thankless task, like a better Kenny Miller I'd say, better touch and hold up and certainly a better goal scorer. Against weaker opposition he should score a few if we actually have the ball for a bit. Pubtijng the ball up was a waste of time yesterday though

we looked better when we went 442, with target man and Griffiths. Both free kicks came from that

31 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Agreed if we want to win and just not going for not to lose.

or 532 for rest campaign

-----------------Gordon-----------------

Anya Berra Mulgrew Tierney Robertson

-------Brown Armstrong McGregor------

---------------Griffiths C.Martin-------------

2 hours ago, Bino's said:

or 532 for rest campaign

Robertson was disappointing yesterday. We could have played Martin in a three with Tierney as the left wing back.  All with the benefit of hindsight of course. If we stick with that formation, Callum Paterson would be important as the right wing back, but not for this campaign.

Edited by er yir macaroon

2 hours ago, SteveHFC said:

The scenes for his 2nd goal is up there with 21/05/16 for me.

The goal almost brought back my love for Scotland. Been stagnant for years.

right up there with watt v barca, rogic v motherwell and the cup final a few weeks ago. Sheer delight, and it came from nowhere either. Can't be good for the body, quickest come down ever when the equalised.

Felt first half he tried a little bit to hard to show off/to much fancy stuff..... but we are a team not really known for scoring from set pieces, and to have two inch perfect free kicks put away like that was something special, and think that is his place as Starchans first choice striker now cemented :ok:

On 6/11/2017 at 0:05 PM, Bino's said:

or 532 for rest campaign

Would certainly like to see us try that formation again. Plenty of options in defence with Russel Martin there. Hopefully Patterson will be fit by September. Plenty of options for the midfield 3 also, McArthur, Morrison, Snoddy, Fletcher. Dare I say it but I think C Martin would be more affective as part of a front 2.

343 tbh

Gordon

Martin - Mulgrew - Tierney

Paterson - Brown - Armstrong - Robertson

Snoddy - Griffiths - Fraser

Snodgrass should get back to form after the summer break, tho, Phillips, Forrest, Burke and Cairney could all go in there without too much worry. I'd sort of like Cairney there just for his distance shoot as no one else in the side really does that.

I'd trust that side attacking and defending.

57 minutes ago, andyD said:

343 tbh

Gordon

Martin - Mulgrew - Tierney

Paterson - Brown - Armstrong - Robertson

Snoddy - Griffiths - Fraser

Snodgrass should get back to form after the summer break, tho, Phillips, Forrest, Burke and Cairney could all go in there without too much worry. I'd sort of like Cairney there just for his distance shoot as no one else in the side really does that.

I'd trust that side attacking and defending.

I would add Ritchie to the subs bench as a natural replacement for Snodgrass