Last 4 matches - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Last 4 matches

romanticscot

Does this site have any Mods anymore?  These threads and not just this one all run off topics and should have their own threads.  Facebook has totally killed communities like this, look at the traffic over the last 6 years I bet you see a noticeable decline. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Does this site have any Mods anymore?  These threads and not just this one all run off topics and should have their own threads.  Facebook has totally killed communities like this, look at the traffic over the last 6 years I bet you see a noticeable decline. 

This could be the most "Off topic" post in the whole thread?;)

Have you tried letting the mods know which posts you are not happy with?

4 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

And a playoff in 2010. They've done well.

two qualifications and a play off

I would happily settlement for that from 14 years

Are we going to obtain a play off spot from our last 4 games No

new campaign and manager again then

13 minutes ago, Bino's said:

two qualifications and a play off

I would happily settlement for that from 14 years

Are we going to obtain a play off spot from our last 4 games No

new campaign and manager again then

I think we should apoint a giant peacock. 

On 05/07/2017 at 11:47 AM, bonny78 said:

Big peacock plz....

Gonnae change that photy that cliff face looks like a fanny n your askin for a big pea cock plz is it a golden shower yet after

On 7/4/2017 at 10:14 AM, Orraloon said:

This could be the most "Off topic" post in the whole thread?;)

Have you tried letting the mods know which posts you are not happy with?

I have contacted the Mod's, we have out of date pinned topics and threads run off topic so even they seem too busy to keep an eye on the community.

22 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

I have contacted the Mod's, we have out of date pinned topics and threads run off topic so even they seem too busy to keep an eye on the community.

Does this means i have a free roll in the trolling till their return? 

On 26/06/2017 at 0:13 PM, bonny78 said:

Do you think we could curb enthusiasm till sep? Its torture otherwise 

On 26/06/2017 at 0:13 PM, bonny78 said:

Do you think we could curb enthusiasm till sep? Its torture otherwise 

No. The new season of curb isn't out until October 1st?

Anyway I'm not one to deal in what ifs or if only's. I like to deal in actual events and realities..if people seriously want to pontificate what if's scientifically they'd realise that numerically speaking it's a completely fruitless exercise given the innumerable & indeed random chance "sliding doors" events that take place in life each and every passing second. The reality is Scotland are still alive in the group...I've no idea how but we are!?

It's been a while since I've posted on here, so I may be repeating things that have already been said.

We need to gain four points (five, if you take into account goal difference) on Slovakia in the final four games to finish second – that means three wins and a draw minimum. The run in for us, Slovakia and Slovenia is:

Scotland:

• Lithuania (A)
  • Malta (H)
  • Slovakia (H)
  • Slovenia (A)

Slovakia:

• Slovenia (H)
  • England (A)
  • Scotland (A)
  • Malta (H)

Slovenia:

• Slovakia (A)
  • Lithuania (H)
  • England (A)
  • Scotland (H)

You’d expect wins for us and Slovakia against Malta and wins for us and Slovenia against Lithuania, as well, but both failed to get the win against them earlier in the group. Additionally, Slovakia and Slovenia both have to travel to Wembley – where you’d expect an England win. Should this happen, it will be Slovakia 15pts; Slovenia 14pts; Scotland 14pts with only the games against each other left to play.

In that situation to guarantee second, we’d have to win both games. A draw against Slovakia would be enough, assuming we beat Slovenia, should Slovakia fail to win their game against the Slovenes. A draw against Slovenia would be enough, if Slovakia and Slovenia draw with each other.

This qualification process isn’t over for us. We would be in a much better position if we’d held on against England, however. We just have to not mess up against Lithuania to go into the final month of the campaign with any chance of reaching the play-offs.

Edited by Clyde1998

Agree it's far from over for us mathematically, but we've got 4 cup finals left the way I see it. Remember, we needed a late equaliser at home to Lithuania, there's no way we should be 'expected' to beat them. 

Still can't help thinking the worst situation we've ever had for lack of decent centre backs will cost us. Slovakia are definitely a better team than us.

• 1 month later...