Gordon Strachan - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gordon Strachan

romanticscot

I'm a Hamilton Accies and a Scotland fan.  I wanted both managers to go last year as they seemed clueless and team selections seemed inexplicable.

I am in the strange situation of thinking that both are learning (or changing strategy) meaning vast improvements in the teams.

The watershed was the Wembley game where we looked much better.  This has been followed up by dropping Hanley and Martin and playing Tierney at right back.

Strachan is worth hanging on to at the moment in my opinion.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, hamilton wanderer said:

I'm a Hamilton Accies and a Scotland fan.  I wanted both managers to go last year as they seemed clueless and team selections seemed inexplicable.

I am in the strange situation of thinking that both are learning (or changing strategy) meaning vast improvements in the teams.

The watershed was the Wembley game where we looked much better.  This has been followed up by dropping Hanley and Martin and playing Tierney at right back.

Strachan is worth hanging on to at the moment in my opinion.

I'm another who must eat my words concerning Strachan . Wanted him gone after Canada friendly but have since changed my mind . He seems to have really turned things around. Long may it continue 

Damage was done at the start of the campaign. It's kinda hard to give Strachan all the credit given he's been forced to change tactics such that we press the opposition and must go for wins. Learning the lesson is better late than never but this mentality now needs to be evident in every game not just when it's almost too late. We've got some decent young players and they should know no other way of playing than how they did on Friday.

Lithuania were p*sh right enough but it's probably the best Scotland away performance in a number of years. If Strachan is willing to make that his template for all Scotland performances, I'm happy to support him but anything less and I favour a change. 

18 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

I'm another who must eat my words concerning Strachan . Wanted him gone after Canada friendly but have since changed my mind . He seems to have really turned things around. Long may it continue 

its far too early to be saying he's turned anything around.

Lets see where we are after the slovakia match