Womens UEFA finals in Utrecht.Pubs and where tae go - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Womens UEFA finals in Utrecht.Pubs and where tae go

Angstgoose

Didn't play anywhere near as well as they can. Passing was poor, and too much reliance on the long ball. Nerves, maybe. Have watched them a lot in home games and they can do better than that. Had the sound turned down as the C4 coverage was worse than network BBC for Englandlove.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Womens football is an incredibly poor standard.

That's nice, son - now, away and stop annoying the grown-ups.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky my 4 year old daughter was shattered and wanted tae go hame ;)..left early at 4 - 0 and by the time I waved my mrs and wee yin off and headed back tae O'learys it was 6 - 0. Was talking wi lassies sitting next tae us. They reckon oor keeper Fay was past her best / piss poor. Aye they defo looked nervy. Clelland who came on at half time looked in a mair attacking frame of mind.

Nice to meet the TA who made it tae O'learys.Was back efter game. Mrs only seen message next day...better I had swapped numbers.Ach weil....next time : ) Tried tae stick soom photos up but didnae work .

Cheers

Angus, Natasha and Niah

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Touche. They'd still take double figures off the Scotland ladies side!

You can't compare men's football to women's football. 

Yesterday was very poor but I've seen Scotland lose 6-0 in Holland before. 

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They should be ashamed of themselves. To lose 6 goals at that level is inexcusable 

As was mentioned before, there's only about ten professional Scottish players in the squad against a full professional team who reached the semi-finals of the World Cup last time. They've done incredibly well to get into the finals, but the lack of professional players will hold us back; hopefully come the next tournament we'll have our top women's teams playing professionally.

25 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

As was mentioned before, there's only about ten professional Scottish players in the squad against a full professional team who reached the semi-finals of the World Cup last time. They've done incredibly well to get into the finals, but the lack of professional players will hold us back; hopefully come the next tournament we'll have our top women's teams playing professionally.

Players need to leave Scotland to get professional & top class competition.

We now have international players throughout the WSL down south (3 at City, 1 at Liverpool a couple at Bristol I think & young Erin Cuthbert has just signed for Chelsea) we also have 1 in Germany & a couple in Sweden. The problem is up here there is pretty much no competition to Glasgow City, (Hibs are the closest then probably Celtic) so even top players playing for Glasgow City are only getting 6-10 competitive games a season (including Europe)

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No digging needed, the standard is utter sh1te.

So what? Don't watch it and don't bother looking at a thread about it.

Some of us, who have daughters, or even just know a woman or two, appreciate the effort, talent and achievement that has got the Scottish women to a place the men have failed to get for 20 years. 

And yes, the players in general are not as athletic as the men but hey ho that's how it is., get feckin over it. Have you been watching the Paralympians this week and shouting that they are not as fast as Usain Bolt or Mo Farah.

35 minutes ago, flicktokick said:

So what? Don't watch it and don't bother looking at a thread about it.

Some of us, who have daughters, or even just know a woman or two, appreciate the effort, talent and achievement that has got the Scottish women to a place the men have failed to get for 20 years. 

And yes, the players in general are not as athletic as the men but hey ho that's how it is., get feckin over it. Have you been watching the Paralympians this week and shouting that they are not as fast as Usain Bolt or Mo Farah.

Agree with this, I dont get why people keep comparing woman football with the mens. It's like comparing woman sport with men. You wouldn't Expect Venus Williams to compete with Roger Federer or Elaine Thompson (100 meter Olympic champion) with Usain Bolt.

Edited by bookerman

I had a Numbskull saying it's pish etc this week. After a bit of a debate, he pops up with "Yer saying about biology and wimmen being wee,  but so is Xavi, yet he's miles better."  :lol:

It's been good and quite exciting too. I am enjoying how erratic and unexpected some of the games/teams/betting is eg lots of drama in the box.

The same folk moaning about this will no doubt throw their cash at Sky and lap up the boring pish offered as Super Sunday next season eg WBA v Stoke followed by Everton v Newcastle and the group stages of the Champions League featuring the exact same teams (give or take a couple) playing the same teams. 

Edited by weekevie04

Absolutely hopeless defending for the Portugal goal. Just like watching the men's team really. 

Not sure the Scotland striker, Cleland, is up to it. Overly greedy and no end product. Gets into decent positions but just does nothing with it. 

Very frustrating so far. 

35 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure the Scotland striker, Cleland, is up to it. Overly greedy and no end product. Gets into decent positions but just does nothing with it. 

She's aff. Replaced with 0 up front though. Shades of Levein...