Womens UEFA finals in Utrecht.Pubs and where tae go - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Womens UEFA finals in Utrecht.Pubs and where tae go

Angstgoose

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, adamntg said:

Three teams tied on 3 points. The results between those three teams were used to form a mini-league and gave Spain the top place as they won 2-0 and lost 1-0, hence GD +1.  Scotland lost 2-1 and won 1-0, GD 0.  Portugal lost 2-0 and won 2-1, GD -1. 

Pretty sure the men's Euros and World Cup will work the same way with a three way tie. 

The commentators on Eurosport last night were completely brutal.  I don't think they understood how the qualification arithmetic worked.   

Not sure if I got this right but thought I'd heard that we only had 10 professional players in our squad, whilst England and the other teams in The group are all fully professional. 

If so then the results are even better and anyone whining about getting spanked by England needs to get a grip. The fully professional men's side have been battered by teams like Wales before and that is on a different level of pathetic IMHO.