European Draws - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

25 minutes ago, dave said:

If they were worried about 4500 tickets why not take a reduced allocation and bus the fans in from the areas of the city I said earlier. The media blow all this crap up out of all proportion when in reality the amount of bother would be minimal and easily contained. 

I totally agree but........I think the number of stupid fines we've had for fan behaviour over the last few years has played a part. The club don't want to risk something worse and this definitely has potential. The away day bevvy squad will just have to get over it!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slasher said:

The proposal was to play the game as t Windsor Park. Celtic would have received 4500 tickets.

The game is being played at Windsor park. Where you seeing that we were to get 25% of the stadium?

28 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

The game is being played at Windsor park. Where you seeing that we were to get 25% of the stadium?

Away fans usually get North Stand. North Stand holds approx 7k but Celtic would probably only be allocated the top tier due to segregation issues. Maybe changed now since the redevelopment but was always the easiest to keep supporters apart.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

If they cant arrange a game on the required dates because of their festival of staunch, they should be punished accordingly. Whether Celtic take tickets or not is irrelevant.

7 hours ago, Mox said:

They did arrange the game within the allowed dates. The Festival of Staunch as you call it is not organised by the club. 

So why should they be punished? 

Just accept the facts and move on instead of this pile of pish you keep posting. 

53 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

As said earlier, if they can't fulfil the fixture on the allocated days, ten they shouldn't be in the competition. 

I thought UEFA didn't take politics into account?

Terrible decision to move the game at all. 

It's not political though, so although I'd like to put the boot into UEFA I don't think that's fair. 

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's not political though, so although I'd like to put the boot into UEFA I don't think that's fair. 

Yeah, suppose it's not as such, bit of a difficult one to describe exactly how it is, the rest of my point still stands however. 

11 hours ago, Reevesy said:

The original proposal from Linfield was for a 5pm kick off on the 11th July at Windsor park. Celtic fans to be housed in the North stand. I didn't realise it held 7k but our allocation was definitely going to be 4500. Then it seems Celtic, PSNI et al took a hand.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Trying to quote you Renfrrew but its like trying to find the holy grail. Re your last point, you said they arranged the game within the allowed dates, clarify that for me please.

I know what you mean about the quote function. It's randomly stuck Dandy in this reply and I can't get rid of it! 

Linfield are not the ones changing the date. UEFA are. 

It's probably not even Linfield fans that would cause trouble either. More the troglodyte marchers who'll be kicking about. 

It's not Linfield that are the problem, it's the culture of our stupid country. 

13 hours ago, dandydunn said:

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, suppose it's not as such, bit of a difficult one to describe exactly how it is, the rest of my point still stands however. 

It's feckin mental is what it is. All the things humans have done and folk hate each other because they belong to a different "tribe". 

Just shows how short a journey it is back to animal roots. ?

While papers like the DR keep bringing up stories like this  [true or false]  it will help fuel the loyalists bonfires and keep them in the news.

Ignore them and in time they will fade away , good reply from Linfield and good luck to them.

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

"one wonders where, exactly, these red dots may have appeared from in this match that didn’t actually happen."

:rollsmile:

Was going to quote that very line. Brilliant :lol:  

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think Joe is getting mixed up with a tour of the Republic we did in the mid 90's...... Derek Whyte was nowhere near the club during Aitken and Craigs time there (and I think Joe was sold to Dundee United by then).... would not even surprise me if he is getting mixed up with a Celtic game from their time together there and Aberdeens 96 Irish tour.

We played Dundalk (who had John Hewitt as their manager) and Shelbourne (where there was a spot of bother at the game) in 96, but bar a couple of games in Dublin under Calderwood, we have not played anywhere else in Ireland and I have no memory of us playing Belfast (do not even think we have played in Northern Ireland).

Edited by wanderer

15 minutes ago, wanderer said:

I think Joe is getting mixed up with a tour of the Republic we did in the mid 90's...... Derek Whyte was nowhere near the club during Aitken and Craigs time there (and I think Joe was sold to Dundee United by then).... would not even surprise me if he is getting mixed up with a Celtic game from their time together there and Aberdeens 96 Irish tour.

We played Dundalk (who had John Hewitt as their manager) and Shelbourne (where there was a spot of bother at the game) in 96, but bar a couple of games in Dublin under Calderwood, we have not played anywhere else in Ireland and I have no memory of us playing Belfast (do not even think we have played in Northern Ireland).

McInnes has definitely done a pre-season or two in Ireland but I doubt Joe Miller would have been playing.

4 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Well I was at Glentoran V Aberdeen in Belfast pre season July 1996

That maybe the same as the Carlisle game in 1999 and not on the official records? The AFC Historical page has no record of us playing in Northern Ireland and they said on Twitter this morning they have no record of us playing in Belfast during Millers time?