European Draws - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

That maybe the same as the Carlisle game in 1999 and not on the official records? The AFC Historical page has no record of us playing in Northern Ireland and they said on Twitter this morning they have no record of us playing in Belfast during Millers time?

Interesting. Why would it not be recorded in the official records?

2 minutes ago, Exglasgowasc said:

Interesting. Why would it not be recorded in the official records?

Maybe an Aberdeen XI?

Has anyone read the original article? Does he say he played at Windsor park v Linfield or just in Northern Ireland with the rest being implied?

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

I think Joe is getting mixed up with a tour of the Republic we did in the mid 90's...... Derek Whyte was nowhere near the club during Aitken and Craigs time there (and I think Joe was sold to Dundee United by then).... would not even surprise me if he is getting mixed up with a Celtic game from their time together there and Aberdeens 96 Irish tour.

We played Dundalk (who had John Hewitt as their manager) and Shelbourne (where there was a spot of bother at the game) in 96, but bar a couple of games in Dublin under Calderwood, we have not played anywhere else in Ireland and I have no memory of us playing Belfast (do not even think we have played in Northern Ireland).

I think Joe is just talking our his arse.

Looks like the article has been pulled from the Daily Record website - along with the Sun and Evening Times which presumably "re-reported" it.   

They only do that if it's completely dodgy.  I can see Parks getting his backside kicked at the least.

I see the Green Brigade are also protesting over Celtic not taking away tickets, presumably furious at their right to get the club another UEFA fine being denied.   Given the number of fines Celtic have had, they can't be that far off having to play a game behind closed doors or even an outright ban.