Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Further Claims Of A Fraudulent Count

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put something on facebook that is apt here - so I'm just going to copy and paste it. Had a few mates arguing with some "ex mates" about this.

_______

To all those bleating about the referendum being “rigged” or somehow not 100% valid, you’re wrong. This is the second time that Scotland has been sold down the river by her populace.

The first we had the excuse that a few were “bought and sold for English Gold”, this time the masses were complicit in their cowardice. What we had was an opportunity for change, and it is telling that the districts that voted for Independence were the poorest. We ignored their pleas for help. We as a nation stood back and said to those in need - we’re doing fine, so go badger yourself.

That’s that!

I bear no ill will to those that feel British, none. I do hold those who voted for the union for selfish reasons in contempt.

It’s not over. It never will be. Nationhood and self-determination are the basis of many ideologies and fights the world over and what was disgusting on the morning of 19th September was that people the world over have died to secure their nations independence, yet we had some cheering when the results were announced.

That’s the end of my bitterness, what I and many others have agreed on is to move on. To do this we need look no further than the powerful scenes in Glasgow where the amount of donations for food banks was overwhelming. That’s the society I wanted to help build, not the one that was prevalent in the same place the night before.

Salmond played a blinder on two things;

1) Giving the youth a voice - never has our young been so engaged in politics. When you look at the Ashcroft findings the young overwhelmingly voted for change. The old didn’t. Well, in 10 or so years you’ll still have that bitter, angry younger generation who were let down by their peers. I personally can’t wait, and for those like me, who will become the older generation, I promise the young that I wont be so selfish. You have that guarantee.

2) He has took the independence campaign from the lunatic fringe to mainstream. I used to be in the minority for wanting independence, now I still am - but only just.

So - it’s not over and the amount of effort the 45% are putting into exposing something that isn’t there or saying I told you so - don’t bother. It’s not going to happen immediately. keep offering hope that it can be better, keep holding your local politicians to account and keep trying to build a better society.

Edited by IAteAllThePies

I am not one for conspiracies and dont believe the youtube clips are anything to to with fraudulent activity. I also hope there is no truth in this but does anyone know anything about these guys? :

http://thebutterflyrebellion.org/2014/09/23/the-sabotage-of-scotlands-democracy/

Will be keeping an eye on it, but I'm sure their door has been battered down already.

I'm getting sick of these conspiracy theories, makes us look like fuckin crackpots.

Conspiracies exist. Fact.

Worry less about how you look and more about turning over every stone.

Regardless of the result, if even one legitimate vote was purposefully not counted or counted toward the opposition then we need to know why, how deep it goes, and what we can do in the future to safeguard the process.

Conspiracies exist. Fact.

Worry less about how you look and more about turning over every stone.

Regardless of the result, if even one legitimate vote was purposefully not counted or counted toward the opposition then we need to know why, how deep it goes, and what we can do in the future to safeguard the process.

Aye mate, you'd know about the biggest conspiracy in the history of mankind.

Again, the word crackpots spring to mind.

I am not one for conspiracies and dont believe the youtube clips are anything to to with fraudulent activity. I also hope there is no truth in this but does anyone know anything about these guys? :

http://thebutterflyrebellion.org/2014/09/23/the-sabotage-of-scotlands-democracy/

That is very interesting. Especially this...

It was at this point that Mr. Cameron himself entered into secret discussions with the Council authorities on the Shetland Islands. Britain was preparing for defeat, and was not prepared to leave empty handed. This was the state of play until the date of the referendum.

Edited by thplinth

Means

Motive

Opportunity

Does this type of behaviour fit the 'character' of the suspect?

How can we explain the odds (strongly suggests someone seemed to know long in advance).

Let's see what emerges in the coming weeks before making our minds up one way or the other.

The harm is that it makes us look bitter crackpots, do you not see that?

We want to convince NO voters round to our side, this kind of talk isn't going to do that!

You've seen my username and read far too much into what little I've posted on the matter.

Firstly, there are a few threads on the subject, but none by me.

Secondly, I haven't accused anyone of anything, or said or implied that we lost because of any wrong doing.

All I have are questions.

Basically "Do we know what is going on here?" and "Has this been looked into?" and "What are the possible explanations?"

Now, IF (for example) even 50 votes were purposely or mistakenly counted for the opposition, or purposely or mistakenly destroyed, then I'd like to know about it.

I'd want the 'loopholes' closed and measures taken in future to ensure that slip-ups and fraud would be almost impossible to carry out.

There's nothing bitter or crackpot about that.