Steven Naismith interview - BBC Sportsound - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Steven Naismith interview - BBC Sportsound

A lot of chat on Killie forum about this. Eejits slagging him about the huns connection thing. Don't get this mindset. HE IS A WEE HUN. Just like we are all ardent supporters of our various teams, so what is the fekcing problem ? He was brilliant for Killie and I would have him back for a swansong in a heartbeat. Classy wee guy, very genuinely nice to people. Stewarton boy, so that goes without saying :wub:

9 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

A lot of chat on Killie forum about this. Eejits slagging him about the huns connection thing. Don't get this mindset. HE IS A WEE HUN. Just like we are all ardent supporters of our various teams, so what is the fekcing problem ? He was brilliant for Killie and I would have him back for a swansong in a heartbeat. Classy wee guy, very genuinely nice to people. Stewarton boy, so that goes without saying :wub:

He always came over as a classy guy I thought. I like Naismith. 

18 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Aren't we all James.  

I'm not a betting man but I'd put money on that he finishes his career at Kilmarnock. 

Building another house in Stewarton from what I hear, possibly up the Cutstraw Road. 

24 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He's a legend and a great guy, would love him to have a last week year at Killie

Myself and aaid both lived very close to his 'bit' and basically everybody knows everybody in Stewarton. He is universally regarded as a nice boy. And trust me, if you had any airs or graces as a Stewartonian, you would be shot down in flames. Obviously I would love it if Killie was his team that he supported, but apparently that's not the case.........which is not exactly earth-shattering news in Stewarton (and I mean that in terms of both Celtic and the team formerly known as Rangers), so if he has a desire to come back to live locally then good luck to him and hopefully Killie can get a year or two from him again. 

I would imagine that as a Rigghead boy, he will be aspiring to build his new abode in the Lainshaw area of Stewarton. The most des-res address was always Morton Road.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

9 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Myself and aaid both lived very close to his 'bit' and basically everybody knows everybody in Stewarton. He is universally regarded as a nice boy. And trust me, if you had any airs or graces as a Stewartonian, you would be shot down in flames. Obviously I would love it if Killie was his team that he supported, but apparently that's not the case.........which is not exactly earth-shattering news in Stewarton (and I mean that in terms of both Celtic and the team formerly known as Rangers), so if he has a desire to come back to live locally then good luck to him and hopefully Killie can get a year or two from him again. 

I would imagine that as a Rigghead boy, he will be aspiring to build his new abode in the Lainshaw area of Stewarton. The most des-res address was always Morton Road.

Not so much "close to his bit" as directly across the street although I moved out of the family pile when Naismith was about six months old.   My mother - who still lives there - thinks the world of "young Stephen" as she still calls him.  

11 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Agreed, any time I've met him he's been a credit to himself and his family.

His missus is a dentist (he's been with her since school, in fact my mum taught both of them). Not many footballers are married to dentists!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Last year asked a mate who knows his uncle if he could get a signed shirt or something for the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal (tried to get a number of items over the year to help raise funds and most the time its like trying to get blood from a stone) and yet within 2 days of asking his signed shirt from the Malta game last year arrived in the post which was put to excellent use by the Sunshine Appeal :ok:

Didn't hear the interview referenced above but, as said by most, seems like a genuine, down-to-earth and truly decent bloke. Doesn't seem to forget who is, where he came from or that he's very lucky and seems keen to do more than most to help others. 

Total phannie on the park mind you, never stops whining at the ref :lol: