Athletics - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Athletics

Hertsscot

• 1 month later...
Guest allyc

Whilst bolt is a athletics legend i dont agree with all the pantomine booing for justin gatlin.if you think about it his story to come back after he served his drug ban and put right what he did wrong is inspiring in itself...

2 hours ago, allyc said:

Whilst bolt is a athletics legend i dont agree with all the pantomine booing for justin gatlin.if you think about it his story to come back after he served his drug ban and put right what he did wrong is inspiring in itself...

No. He's a twice banned drugs cheat. I'd have booed the fecker myself if I'd have been there. 

Guest allyc

But he isnt the only one...he has attended multiple championships since his ban and never recieved this kind of childish reaction.He has ran and won clean....he has been made a scape goat for happy clappers who only watch athletics once a year.

Edited by allyc

Well, if you look at the fastest 100m guys Bolt is I think 0.26 quicker than the next fastest performance by a non-suspect athlete (Donovan Bailley, not aware that he is suspicious).  That is huge.  Like the equivalent of someone running 1.59.xx in the marathon.  

Also, he comes from, and trains in, a country that has been notoriously lax at out of competition testing.

He also has a slightly susepct progression curve.

And finally (without wanting to turn this into more of a conspiracy theory than it already is) he is a massive draw for the IAAF $$$$ so it really is possible that he is protected.

Given that, I think it is crazy to boo one guy that has been caught doping and cheer another as a superhero when he is almost certainly (or at least was, maybe not anymore) doping.  But people cheered Lance Armstrong right up to the end.

30 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Unlucky for Muir tonight beaten for a medal by the narrowest of margins.

It really was, she thought she was bagging a silver but Simpson and Semenya got clear runs either side of her.

Can she make amends in the 5000m?...

When the TVs camera was panning across the women lining up to the final I burst out laughing when it came to the SA 'lassie'. The shoulders on her compared to all the women was ridiculous. Can see now how questions were raised.

On 8/6/2017 at 8:59 PM, Denny's Yard said:

Well, if you look at the fastest 100m guys Bolt is I think 0.26 quicker than the next fastest performance by a non-suspect athlete (Donovan Bailley, not aware that he is suspicious).  That is huge.  Like the equivalent of someone running 1.59.xx in the marathon.  

Also, he comes from, and trains in, a country that has been notoriously lax at out of competition testing.

He also has a slightly susepct progression curve.

And finally (without wanting to turn this into more of a conspiracy theory than it already is) he is a massive draw for the IAAF $$$$ so it really is possible that he is protected.

Given that, I think it is crazy to boo one guy that has been caught doping and cheer another as a superhero when he is almost certainly (or at least was, maybe not anymore) doping.  But people cheered Lance Armstrong right up to the end.

They were also loudly cheering for Yohan Blake in the lane next to Gatlin, who himself has served a drugs ban :lol: 

18 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

More controversy in the men's 400m final tonight with Botswanan athlete not allowed to compete because of the health risk he posed to other athletes.  Never a dull moment!

And now Makwala is running by himself in a specially arranged 200m.  IAAF making SFA look professional!