England support - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England support

robbo cop

Having been to both Scotland v England games I have to say that the English support is the worst I have seen in years. No singing at wembley, never heard them at Hampden until they scored.

I along with most other fans go along for the sing song as well as the game.

I just don't see the point in them going to games if they cannot support there team.

Mind you even when they qualify for the world cup they are still not happy.

5 hours ago, noctonjock said:

I was right next to them at Hampden and agree apart from their anthem and after their 1st goal they were very quiet. Most of them just stood with arms folded and hardly any of them had colours on . Very poor IMO 

That's because they keep their England tops for their holidays in magaluf 

Ps before anybody asks what's wrong with maga ?

its full of twats with England tops on bulldog tattoos n st George flags hangin from pubs and balconies n that's just the rangers fans 

7 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Having been to both Scotland v England games I have to say that the English support is the worst I have seen in years. No singing at wembley, never heard them at Hampden until they scored.

I just don't see the point in them going to games if they cannot support there team.

You've pretty much just described our own support too. People in glass houses etc. 

We 

36 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

You've pretty much just described our own support too. People in glass houses etc. 

We were all in good voice at hampden as for away games we have nothing to sing about and if we did there's a good few who would be to pished lol

It's probably because they feel there is nothing riding on the game for them, although you'd expect more in any away game. They know they are going to qualify and is probably hard for them to get up for it, similar to us home v Gibraltar for instance. They are vocal enough at tournaments. I think most sets of fans fail to generate atmosphere at home when there is a clear perception of superiority. Like I said you'd expect more from them at hampden but to be fair the game was a non event until the goal.

I met England fans in the Horseshoe the night before the game - they were fine - was in a carriage with them on the train out to Hampden (they weren't displaying colours) and again no issues.

The only Lesley Judds I met were four English Scotland fans in the Horseshoe - one from Birmingham had 1314 ink-tattooed across his knuckles - extricated myself from their company as soon as I could.

30 minutes ago, Charlie Endell said:

I met England fans in the Horseshoe the night before the game - they were fine - was in a carriage with them on the train out to Hampden (they weren't displaying colours) and again no issues.

The only Lesley Judds I met were four English Scotland fans in the Horseshoe - one from Birmingham had 1314 ink-tattooed across his knuckles - extricated myself from their company as soon as I could.

Give the guy a break, min. Some folk have difficulty remembering their PIN.