Scots in pre season - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scots in pre season

10 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Jamie Murphy scored for Brighton tonight against Fortuna Dusseldorf. Hopefully get some game time in the Prem. John Fleck also scores away to Malaga

Big year for Fleck. Miles down in the pecking order but would be nice to see him performing well in the Championship & young enough to be a squad player in the future yet. 

I see Harry Souter has been heavily involved for Stoke in pre-season, been on their tour and started 2 games. Think he even managed to score a penalty in a shoot out. Stoke possibly involving him with a view to loaning him out to the championship?

5 hours ago, bossman4 said:

I see Harry Souter has been heavily involved for Stoke in pre-season, been on their tour and started 2 games. Think he even managed to score a penalty in a shoot out. Stoke possibly involving him with a view to loaning him out to the championship?

He was always rated as a better player than his brother when coming through at Tannadice. No much chance to actually see that in first team games though as he only played about 2/3 games for United! Transferred at 16 or 17. Massive though, well over 6 foot.

4 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Ronald McDonald looked in good shape as he led out Man Utd. Worth a closer look? 

Really? All i am saying is that he wants to play for scotland. I know we have some great players from montrose and crewe in the u21 squad but perhaps we could give him the last 5 mins of a game.

5 hours ago, jamboman said:

Really? All i am saying is that he wants to play for scotland. I know we have some great players from montrose and crewe in the u21 squad but perhaps we could give him the last 5 mins of a game.

Let him earn a cap first I'd say

20 hours ago, jamboman said:

Scott mctominey with a decent second half display v real Madrid. Need to get this guy capped at some level.6' 4" and only 20

Alex Notman, Donald Love, Michael Stewart. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

You don't think he's earned a cap ahead of some in our all conquering under 21 squad?

Ach, maybe he has, I've no idea what he's achieved. I just can't stand the whole he's in a premiership squad get him in the Scotland squad mentality. Or even worse, lets cap him before he chooses to play for someone else. I certainly wouldn't want someone called up based on a meaningless friendly which is barely competitive or a couple of end of season matches where he was selected because mourinho was resting his entire squad for Europe. 

48 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Ach, maybe he has, I've no idea what he's achieved. I just can't stand the whole he's in a premiership squad get him in the Scotland squad mentality. Or even worse, lets cap him before he chooses to play for someone else. I certainly wouldn't want someone called up based on a meaningless friendly which is barely competitive or a couple of end of season matches where he was selected because mourinho was resting his entire squad for Europe. 

I prefer the if he wants to play for us he will say yes to an under 21 call up mentality. Take it from there rather than waiting until he looks half decent and and getting the "he's English and wont get a game for them treatment"

Thought Burke playing under's earlier showed a lot about his attitude.

Not really pre-season and an old argument but the fact shinnie isn't in the squad is frankly disgraceful. Absolutely fantastic tonight all over the pitch, and thats apart from a stunning goal. I genuinely think he should be a contender for a place in the team never mind the squad.

Was going to mention Shinnie but what about Christie? Am only mentioning these guys cause the Aberdeen boys will be further ahead of most in terms of fitness/game sharpness. Game is now 5 weeks today.Christie looks like he could be a worthy addition to the role of impact sub if nothing else. I'd certainly have Shinnie in the squad also. Seems to have a lot of strings to his bow.I haven't really understood Morrison in the last few years, just don't get the "hype" for want of a better word. That's who I'd drop for Shinnie anyway.  Am sure others will say morrision is vital to the team. 

Edited by JECK