Scots in pre season - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scots in pre season

15 hours ago, noctonjock said:

In the team instead of who though? Not a criticism just asking 

As mentioned before, Morrison/fletcher are definitely the ones I think should make way. Darren most people agree is not a starter these days and fir the amount of caps Morrison has the returns have been rubbish in my opinion. Shinnie has as much to offer as McGinn, and much more than McLean. Obviously you would have Brown in there first, but the more I watch them the more I think the gap is shrinking.

45 minutes ago, JECK said:

Was going to mention Shinnie but what about Christie? Am only mentioning these guys cause the Aberdeen boys will be further ahead of most in terms of fitness/game sharpness. Game is now 5 weeks today.Christie looks like he could be a worthy addition to the role of impact sub if nothing else. I'd certainly have Shinnie in the squad also. Seems to have a lot of strings to his bow.I haven't really understood Morrison in the last few years, just don't get the "hype" for want of a better word. That's who I'd drop for Shinnie anyway.  Am sure others will say morrision is vital to the team. 

Christie is definitely worth keeping an eye on, he was sublime in some of the things he did last night and by all accounts has been the same in the other games. Think he's a bit off a call up yet, but based on last night's showing he is a far, far better player than I thought he was, he was very impressive.

2 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Bannan isn't in the team just now  .Shinnie would have to replace 1 of either Armstrong ,  Brown or Morrison and I can't see Strachan changing any of those 

Shinnie should certainly be in the squad anyhow

14 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

As mentioned before, Morrison/fletcher are definitely the ones I think should make way. Darren most people agree is not a starter these days and fir the amount of caps Morrison has the returns have been rubbish in my opinion. Shinnie has as much to offer as McGinn, and much more than McLean. Obviously you would have Brown in there first, but the more I watch them the more I think the gap is shrinking.

Shinnie is Browns understudy, the level and style of his play nowadays

Brown is still first pick but wont be there shortly

Murphy scored again for Brighton in Pre Season V Crawley at the weekend. He looked very impressive IMHO. I think he'll surprise a few in the Premier League this season.

So I've always been a proponent of Rhodes, as a squad player at least - good, lethal option to have in our armoury. But seeing this pic from pre season makes me think he has been busy spending the summer driving to Dundee in his bare feet whilst wolfing toblerones!

423EAD5600000578-4688560-Jordan_Rhodes_h

That McTominays surely next to no chance at Man U given mourinhos record. Just signed Matic for 40 bags aswell.

liverpool playing Bayern Munich on itv 4 later (the Audi cup no less). Should be another outing for Robertson