• Announcements

• Admin4

TAMB CLOSURE ANNOUNCEMENT   09/06/2017

Following diminishing numbers of visitors to TAMB and the subsequent reduction in TAMB income, it is the intention for TAMB to close definitively from 1st November 2017. TAMB can no longer generate enough advertising revenue to cover the costs of around £300/month to pay for the dedicated server that hosts the TAMB software.  The dedicated server is also older equipment and no longer maintainable, so at some point it would be necessary to migrate the TAMB to a new cloud-based platform. This is quite a large job and would take some time to do. We feel it wouldn't be a worthwhile task given the reduction in traffic and usage of TAMB.  It is the opinion of the TAMB Team that the days of messageboards have largely gone, being overtaken by other platforms. Thank you to all users of the TAMB over the years, and we look forward to seeing you on some other online forums in the future. Since announcing the closure, a number of questions have been asked.

This is not a "boot in the arse" to Board members to increase traffic.

It’s worth pointing out to any people wanting to take on the TAMB that they will quickly outstrip any “free” message board system. That’s what happened with the pre-2003 TAMB and also happened during the “current TAMB” in 2003 – 2004. 
      It’s all about the number of concurrent users online. At a point yesterday there were about 150 users online – Invision would be charging $130 per month for that. (https://invisioncommunity.com/buy)

We would be prepared to do a handover of the domain names that we currently hold to non-profit making group who seriously wants to organise a new TAMB and has the skills and numbers to do it. This would not include existing software or server. We are especially keen that the platform or the name do not fall into the hands of what we can only call bawbags. We need not mention names, but I'm sure members can think of a few. Any new group would have to start from scratch and give TAMB a complete bottom up ‘makeover’ and make themselves financially viable.   We have a couple of people who are willing to offer advice to any serious players. The TAMB Team
    • Admin4

Further to the Closure Announcement   09/07/2017

Since announcing the closure, a number of questions have been asked.

This is not a "boot in the arse" to Board members to increase traffic.

It’s worth pointing out to any people wanting to take on the TAMB that they will quickly outstrip any “free” message board system. That’s what happened with the pre-2003 TAMB and also happened during the “current TAMB” in 2003 – 2004. hence the "high" cost of keeping the Board going.
      It’s all about the number of concurrent users online. At a point yesterday there were about 150 users online – Invision would be charging $130 per month for that. (https://invisioncommunity.com/buy)

We would be prepared to do a handover of the domain names that we currently hold to a non-profit making group which seriously wants to organise a new TAMB and has the skills and numbers to do it. This would not include existing software or server. We are especially keen that the platform or the name do not fall into the hands of what we can only call bawbags. We need not mention names, but I'm sure members can think of a few. Any new group would have to start from scratch and give TAMB a complete bottom up ‘makeover’ and make themselves financially viable. We have a couple of people who are willing to offer advice to any serious players. The TAMB Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mariokempes56

HS2

13 posts in this topic

Bridging the North-South divide.....aye ok...

UK Connectivity....?

16-12-UK-Connectivity-map.jpg

I think Hs2 is a great idea and much needed. I also think malaria should be illuminated. No Scottish dimension here beyond paying for it. 

Avoid Mundell's comments about how it benefits Scotland. Pathetic 

13 minutes ago, flumax said:

I think Hs2 is a great idea and much needed. I also think malaria should be illuminated. No Scottish dimension here beyond paying for it. 

Even though Mundell probably knows about this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24589652

14 minutes ago, flumax said:

Eliminated ffs 

26 minutes ago, antidote said:

Even though Mundell probably knows about this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24589652

"Economic output would be worst affected, according to the research, in:

• Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City and Moray (-£220m)
  • Dundee and Angus (-£96m)"

Didn't stop many of those areas switching votes to Tory so hell mend 'em...

I didnt think the HS? farce would actually get started (it may not right enough).

Wonder who's getting backhanders from the contracts...

7 hours ago, flumax said:

Eliminated ffs 

:lol:

I also believe that the illuminati should be eliminated.

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

"Economic output would be worst affected, according to the research, in:

• Aberdeenshire, Aberdeen City and Moray (-£220m)
  • Dundee and Angus (-£96m)"

Didn't stop many of those areas switching votes to Tory so hell mend 'em...

It's a shame seeing Aberdeen suffer. It really is.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's a shame seeing Aberdeen suffer. It really is.

We're not all No voting Tories you know. In fact it would be interesting to know what the figures were if you discounted the many thousands who've moved to the area since the start of the oil boom?

The idea that this will benefit anywhere outside of London is ludicrous. All this will do is expand the London commuter catchment. 

By the time this reaches Leeds or Liverpool there should be no need for rail tracks, surely levitating trains will be normal things by then and all this will be one big white elephant.

I did look up a bit on this.

It IS envisaged that HS2 trains will run to and from Glasgow through to London...however!! They will run at exactly the same speed as now until they get onto the high speed track...

Also for something that's supposedly high speed, the timescale to build it all is incredibly slow!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0