British Open - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

British Open

dan cake

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread title will really piss @Cove_Sheep off :lol: 

I've backed Noren (50's), Cabrera-Bello (70's), Scott (28's) & my usual major punt on Fowler (16's). 

All started well, so fingers crossed. 

8 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Connor Syme to make the cut. He has done well just to qualify, but he will be hoping to make it through to the weekend. 

Great finish from young Connor. Birdied the last 2 holes to get back the shots that he gave away at the 16th. He will be disappointed with 2 double bogeys, but at +3, he is still in with a shout of making the cut. Hope he has a good round tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Looks like Richie Ramsay is the only Scot at Birkdale for the weekend

Aye looking like it. Although David Drysdale might just sneak in. Projected cut is +4 but it could go to +5? Not many rounds under par today so far.

Just now, Orraloon said:

Aye looking like it. Although David Drysdale might just sneak in. Projected cut is +4 but it could go to +5? Not many rounds under par today so far.

You're right it might slip to +5 but I think the wind is easing a bit so scoring might, again, be better in the afternoon. I thought Martin Laird might make a go of it but his +9 today has put an end to that.

5 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

I just head +6 so such much for my thoughts on the wind easing!

16 of the +4s and +5s are still out on the course. So, it probably only needs about 5 of them to drop to +6 for the cut to move to +6. Russell Knox just needs to hang on in there. I think Drysdale should be OK now.

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

South African Grace with the first ever 62 in major championship history. Incredible.

I always found it amazing it's taken so long to happen. How many rounds of majors' golf has that taken? Must be around a quarter of a million?...

First time in almost 40 odd years that i havent watched any of it 

Got rid of sky after the season ended and wont be getting it back unless they offer an NFL channel

Absolute disgrace by the R&A and BBC - who would rather pay for presenters than output

Viewing figures must be down

Only 20 posts since Wednesday speaks volumes

Edited by Ally Bongo