Aberdeen to be city most affected by brexit - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen to be city most affected by brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/jul/27/aberdeen-brexit-worst-british-centre-for-citieis

Aberdeen ranked top, Edinburgh sixth.

A 'hard Brexit', according to the report, would see a 3.7% decrease in Aberdeen's economic output (2.1% with a 'soft Brexit')

Edinburgh a 2.7% and 1.4% decrease for both, Glasgow would have a 2.4% and 1.3% decrease and Dundee 2.1% and 1.2%. No other city in Scotland was calculated, but we have these maps:

Impact of Brexit for local authorities (% change Gross Value Added) - Soft BrexitImpact of Brexit for local authorities (% change Gross Value Added) - Hard Brexit

Data and images sourced to: http://www.centreforcities.org/reader/brexit-trade-economic-impacts-uk-cities/appendix/

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

This report is right. But I think they are underestimating how bad it will be. Same for Edinburgh which will get hit like the city. There is a certain 'voetic' justice to it all. ;)

Just what i was going to say. Areas with highest proportion of selfish folk likely to suffer most from Brexit. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Just what i was going to say. Areas with highest proportion of selfish folk likely to suffer most from Brexit. 

Nail on head - shame some folk where not prepared to take that step (although I can totally understand why they didn't) 

• 2 weeks later...

When reality hits home post-brexit (pre-brexit window has closed?), go for it. There may be some distraction down south and benefit up here.

If folk hide in their conch, then give up and become an ex-pat in Marbella   ...errr.

On 8/9/2017 at 1:51 PM, McDange said:

So basically admitting that Brexit is going to have a negative economic impact on the whole UK? That alone should be reason to cancel it. 

No no no, it's not going to be bad for britain, it'll be bad for everyone else cos britain is bigger and tougher than the rest of the world. 

Fkin embarrassment. The attitude is just utterly repulsive. Pure english nationalism with grovellers latching on to their masters, open holed and ready to by pumped with a wee slavering grin on their pus in the name of "britain".