Ian Cathro - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

30 minutes ago, dan cake said:

sad to see Billy Davies telling hertz to poke it

would have loved to see the little whank in charge at the pbs

I think most will not want to work under a director of football, which is what I took from Billy's statement when he spoke about altering structure within the club...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

I think most will not want to work under a director of football, which is what I took from Billy's statement when he spoke about altering structure within the club...

he has worked under people before tho

tommy sheridan for example

20 hours ago, Pool Q said:

Davies was only ever a candidate in his own imagination. Now that Freedman is out of the running I think it's pretty much cetain to be Pressley. 

i think if it was Pressley he would have been appointed already.

Given that Budge was amazed by the amount and quality of the applicants for the job i would be surprised if its has been whittled down to Hartley, Pressley and Daly.

I think they may be speaking to a few who haven't been named in the press yet.

We'll know soon enough, but I don't think any of the 'names' mentioned were ever really in contention. We can't afford them. The talk on the train and in the pubs in Motherwell yesterday (which, if they weren't called The Clansman, really should have been) seemed to be around Budge hoping for some sort of result against Motherwell to bolster the case for giving Daly and the current coaching team the job, even short term (6-12 months). By far the cheapest option, and if nothing else it gives Daly time to get the players fit and organised after Cathro. Pressley the only other serious contender from what I can see, although he will be seen as divise with some fans. 

2 hours ago, Pool Q said:

We'll know soon enough, but I don't think any of the 'names' mentioned were ever really in contention. We can't afford them. The talk on the train and in the pubs in Motherwell yesterday (which, if they weren't called The Clansman, really should have been) seemed to be around Budge hoping for some sort of result against Motherwell to bolster the case for giving Daly and the current coaching team the job, even short term (6-12 months). By far the cheapest option, and if nothing else it gives Daly time to get the players fit and organised after Cathro. Pressley the only other serious contender from what I can see, although he will be seen as divise with some fans. 

On what grounds is Pressley seen as a viable candidate? Apart from he's played for Hearts.

47 minutes ago, macy37 said:

On what grounds is Pressley seen as a viable candidate? Apart from he's played for Hearts.

You'd have to ask Budge and Levein, I'm just relating who it looks like is in the running. Most people I know now seem to feel that Daly will be given some sort of contract.

4 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

You'd have to ask Budge and Levein, I'm just relating who it looks like is in the running. Most people I know now seem to feel that Daly will be given some sort of contract.

So what is it do you think they see that makes him a candidate? Surely there's something? It's obviously not something you or I can see....

32 minutes ago, macy37 said:

So what is it do you think they see that makes him a candidate? Surely there's something? It's obviously not something you or I can see....

He's available and relatively cheap? He played for, captained and even (briefly) managed the club, even if he is now unpopular with some in the support now due to gestures he made at Tynecastle when playing there for Celtic? He 'knows' the club? He was at least a player and has some managerial experience, unlike Cathro? He impressed in interviews with Budge and Levein, and convinced them he could do well in the role they have in mind. Ultimately, I really don't know, all of that is just speculation, was just saying that it looks now (from the outside) to between him and Daly.

13 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

He's available and relatively cheap? He played for, captained and even (briefly) managed the club, even if he is now unpopular with some in the support now due to gestures he made at Tynecastle when playing there for Celtic? He 'knows' the club? He was at least a player and has some managerial experience, unlike Cathro? He impressed in interviews with Budge and Levein, and convinced them he could do well in the role they have in mind. Ultimately, I really don't know, all of that is just speculation, was just saying that it looks now (from the outside) to between him and Daly.

He's little "form" though. I don't understand a club looking to employ someone in a job which they haven't exactly been successful in previously. Happens all the time in football, more so than most industries. Weird.

To be confirmed later today apparently, don't know if it is long term or on a temporary basis until someone else becomes available as some are saying. One version doing the rounds is Budge has basically told him to fix it or fvck off and she'll find someone who can. Supporters association thing at Tynecastle on Thursday night could be interesting.