The Neymar Saga - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I heard something on the radio about La Liga blocking the move due to financial fair play rules being breached. Missed most of the report from the radio

Financial fair play is a joke as well but thats another argument

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I heard something on the radio about La Liga blocking the move due to financial fair play rules being breached. Missed most of the report from the radio

Financial fair play is a joke as well but thats another argument

Heard Graham Hunter earlier say La Liga can stall it, but they can't stop it under the guise that PSG may breach FFP. Is it any of their business anyway if PSG breach FFP?

Someone else was saying PSG are spending £200million on 1 player where others are spending 4 x £50 million, so no worse.

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Heard Graham Hunter earlier say La Liga can stall it, but they can't stop it under the guise that PSG may breach FFP. Is it any of their business anyway if PSG breach FFP?

Someone else was saying PSG are spending £200million on 1 player where others are spending 4 x £50 million, so no worse.

The Sun said psg could potentially put it through as a holding company expense, or something along those lines to avoid it coming directly from club funds. 

Thay also said his dad is delaying it so he can cash in on another £35 million from Barca, taking his fees to £111 million since his son joined them. :lol:

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The Sun said psg could potentially put it through as a holding company expense, or something along those lines to avoid it coming directly from club funds. 

Uh-oh , incoming

so the club and the company are separate ?

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

whilst obscene if this goes through it's funny to see the spanish moaning about this. They've been paying the top transfer fees for years yet when they get trumped now its no' fair.

Same as the EPL clubs moaning about losing players to China.

If PSG want to spend £200m on a player so be it.

Edited by Toepoke

3 minutes ago, Big Col said:

whilst obscene if this goes through it's funny to see the spanish moaning about this. They've been paying the top transfer fees for years yet when they get trumped now its no' fair.

They're also the ones setting the need for release clauses that was always going to end up in this situation. If they didn't make it compulsory for all players to have a release clause then this deal probably wouldn't be happening as Barcelona wouldn't deal with PSG.

I've never understood this hyperbolic nonsense that somehow football is f u cked if someone transfers to someone else for X amount of money. If PSG want to pay it, then thats the value, simple as that, football won't stop tomorrow.

Anyway, good move for Barca imo, I don't know if Neymar is as committed to improving to become the best player in the world as he has previously suggested and his apparent off field antics would seem testament to that. If Barca could get Dybala, Dembele or Mbappe for less than they sell Neymar, then they'll have played a blinder.

58 minutes ago, Mox said:

I've never understood this hyperbolic nonsense that somehow football is f u cked if someone transfers to someone else for X amount of money. If PSG want to pay it, then thats the value, simple as that, football won't stop tomorrow.

Anyway, good move for Barca imo, I don't know if Neymar is as committed to improving to become the best player in the world as he has previously suggested and his apparent off field antics would seem testament to that. If Barca could get Dybala, Dembele or Mbappe for less than they sell Neymar, then they'll have played a blinder.

See that's the problem, no doubt Celtic would want £200m because he's a superstar.

3 hours ago, Mox said:

It's fecked because these teams continue to get richer and richer whilst leaving the rest of us behind. Celtic are one club who have suffered because of the emergence of super rich clubs. The money stays within the same leagues making them all stronger, this is also killing competition within European tournaments.

thats why it's fecked.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's fecked because these teams continue to get richer and richer whilst leaving the rest of us behind. Celtic are one club who have suffered because of the emergence of super rich clubs. The money stays within the same leagues making them all stronger, this is also killing competition within European tournaments.

thats why it's fecked.

Which is exactly what goes on in Scotland with Celtic being the PSG.

27 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

thats why it's fecked.

It's being fecked for a long time then, no £200 million pound transfer is going to change that. 

26 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's being fecked for a long time then, no £200 million pound transfer is going to change that. 

I agree, it's been ####ed since the CL changed and allowed non league winners access to the super riches of the CL. This is only another step towards the European super league which the big boys want.