The Neymar Saga - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 02/08/2017 at 0:21 PM, vanderark14 said:

erm.............he's apparently said goodbye to team mates and is heading to PSG for £196m.

I know this is said more and more but football is truly fecked if this goes ahead.

Genuinely don't see why Barca have got the hump about this. They knew the clause was there and in my humble opinion he isn't worth it. They should just take the money and run ! Is funny how a club can spend more than there entire annual revenue on one player though . Best thing is that this happens and he flops ! 

1 minute ago, Nobby said:

Genuinely don't see why Barca have got the hump about this. They knew the clause was there and in my humble opinion he isn't worth it. They should just take the money and run ! Is funny how a club can spend more than there entire annual revenue on one player though . Best thing is that this happens and he flops ! 

I don't think its Barca who have the hump, from what I read its La Liga

Barca are getting a great deal.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think its Barca who have the hump, from what I read its La Liga

Barca are getting a great deal.

It is bonkers. As a spurs fan I keep reading articles that say we are weaker because we haven't strengthened. We could probably do with one or two players at most and don't doubt we will sign a couple. We've got one of the strongest first 11 squads in the league all young and all on long contracts. Darth Levy knows how to run a football club ! 

1 hour ago, Nobby said:

It is bonkers. As a spurs fan I keep reading articles that say we are weaker because we haven't strengthened. We could probably do with one or two players at most and don't doubt we will sign a couple. We've got one of the strongest first 11 squads in the league all young and all on long contracts. Darth Levy knows how to run a football club ! 

you may be "well run" but you've also not won the league for 57 years

31 minutes ago, dan cake said:

you may be "well run" but you've also not won the league for 57 years

It's about winning things granted but we all live in hope. You of all people should know that following scotland ? And we've not been too shabby for the past couple of seasons. I,d take top six and a cup if you offered it now ahead of our move back home ? 

According to the Beeb, Neymar himself is paying the €222 million release

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

I think this will become more common, players will do this then have the cost written off against tax for the length of the contract, receiving massive bonus and signing on fees to cover it. 

Have to also point out my phone autocorrected 222million to 22million. Even Android thinks footballs f c King crazy

3 hours ago, biffer said:

According to the Beeb, Neymar himself is paying the €222 million release

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

I think this will become more common, players will do this then have the cost written off against tax for the length of the contract, receiving massive bonus and signing on fees to cover it. 

Have to also point out my phone autocorrected 222million to 22million. Even Android thinks footballs f c King crazy

the house of cards will surely come tumbling down

a player who can afford to pay out £200m

did he not score 13 league goals last season

8 hours ago, Nobby said:

in the premiership you run a club by ratcheting the finances as close to the sun as you can

then sell to a foreign owner when you can't pay the mortgage anymore

if you're not doing that you're going backwards

11 hours ago, Bino's said:

the house of cards will surely come tumbling down

a player who can afford to pay out £200m

did he not score 13 league goals last season

I think it's just the way transfers work in Spain - PSG pay the money to Neymar, who pays it to La Liga, who then pay it on to Barca :ok:

Can't get excited about cheering on some obscenely paid halfwit just because he can kick a ball better than most folk.

We're losing the game.  These sheikh s are not good for anyone.  

Why don't they invest that amount of cash in Paris slums? Imagine the dinference they could make.  Disgusting people.

Supporting the big teams is pish. Basically accepting it.

2 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I think it's just the way transfers work in Spain - PSG pay the money to Neymar, who pays it to La Liga, who then pay it on to Barca :ok:

It is for release clauses. The player himself has to pay it to be released from his contract. Which is why La Liga rejected the initial offer to pay the release clause as it was from Neymar's lawyers.

All that then happens is PSG or the lawyers fire the money into an account in Neymars name and "he" then sends it to La Liga. Just silly red tape and La Liga trying to prove a point but its obvious Neymar doesn't have a bank account with a spare €220 lying around in it. Or he did for a bit of time yesterday. I wonder if he was tempted to just do one with that money in his account?!

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Can't get excited about cheering on some obscenely paid halfwit just because he can kick a ball better than most folk.

We're losing the game.  These sheikh s are not good for anyone.  

Why don't they invest that amount of cash in Paris slums? Imagine the dinference they could make.  Disgusting people.

Supporting the big teams is pish. Basically accepting it.

Can't speak for Paris, but there is a remarkable difference in East Manchester since Sheikh Mansour took over City :ok: