Scottish Players in action 17/18 - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in action 17/18

jamboman

31 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agreed.

He has improved the level of performance of players already at the club.

He has been successful with his transfers.

His tactics are always good and he can change things quickly when needed.

He has brought a level of consistency I've never seen before at Celtic.

He is not afraid to use our talented youth players.

I'm so thankful Gerrard slipped as he wouldn't be with us now had Liverpool won the league back then. 

Na he still would have been sacked.Suarez left, Sturridge was consistently injured and they had been worked out by just about the whole EPL the following season

Calvin Miller & Tony Ralston look very promising.

Stick Tierney to centre back and Calvin Miller would make a fine attacking left back for us. 

Robertson left mid/right back ?

Fine to have promising youth coming through anyway and not a Celtic fan but it's great to see youth given a chance and any Scottish player playing regular at Celtic should be a shoe in for the squad at the moment - if Callum McGregor isn't in tomorrow's squad then it's yet another bad Strachan decision. 

9 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Stick Tierney to centre back and Calvin Miller would make a fine attacking left back for us. 

Fine to have promising youth coming through anyway and not a Celtic fan but it's great to see youth given a chance and any Scottish player playing regular at Celtic should be a shoe in for the squad at the moment - if Callum McGregor isn't in tomorrow's squad then it's yet another bad Strachan decision. 

With the way Celtic are playing, particularly in Europe, it would be criminal not to build a team around their prominent players.

Lithuania game will almost 100% include Gordon, Tierney, Brown, Armstrong, Forrest, and Griffiths.

Robertson pretty much guaranteed to start as well, so other four positions up for grabs.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

That got me thinking about a XI (and I don't mind if it's torn to shreds). Possibly ...

Gordon, Berra, Mulgrew, Tierney, Fraser, Morrison, Brown, Armstrong, Robertson, Griffiths, S Fletcher

Might replace Berra with Russell Martin. 

I'm not a fan of Steven Fletcher but chose him because he's marginally better than Naismith, McCormack, Chris Martin and Rhodes. Other strikers must start banging them at club level and staking claims.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Clean sheet for Jordan Archer.

Should start seeing him in squads now. McGregor has been good and reliable over the years but need to blood a young keeper now & I don't mean Jack Hamilton! 

Edited by ProudScot

33 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That got me thinking about a XI (and I don't mind if it's torn to shreds). Possibly ...

Gordon, Berra, Mulgrew, Tierney, Fraser, Morrison, Brown, Armstrong, Robertson, Griffiths, S Fletcher

Might replace Berra with Russell Martin. 

I'm not a fan of Steven Fletcher but chose him because he's marginally better than Naismith, McCormack, Chris Martin and Rhodes. Other strikers must start banging them at club level and staking claims.

Id keep Tierney at RB until Patterson returns. Robertson at LB.

CB is tricky but happy with any 2 from Berra, Martin and Mulgrew. 

I would be tempted with a CM three of Brown, Armstrong and MGregor. Morrison instead of McGregor is fine. 

Fraser and Forrest either side with Griffiths leading the line. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

18 hours ago, norsefox said:

With the way Celtic are playing, particularly in Europe, it would be criminal not to build a team around their prominent players.

Lithuania game will almost 100% include Gordon, Tierney, Brown, Armstrong, Forrest, and Griffiths.

Robertson pretty much guaranteed to start as well, so other four positions up for grabs.

Agree with that. Build the team around the Celtic players. Winning mentality.

On 20/08/2017 at 11:22 AM, PASTA Mick said:

I'm so thankful Gerrard slipped as he wouldn't be with us now had Liverpool won the league back then. 

That's an interesting thought....if by some unlikely turn of events we make the playoffs and qualify...it could, in no small part, be down to Stevie G.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That's an interesting thought....if by some unlikely turn of events we make the playoffs and qualify...it could, in no small part, be down to Stevie G.

Guys who call that runt Stevie G are up there with guys who used to say Scholesy, Giggsy and Becks. <_<

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Would it balls, The Suarez Sturridge  parternshirp was the sole reason Liverpool came so close that season, once Suarez left and Sturridge was injured the following season Rogers was found out, no plan b and sussed out in the league and the champs league also.Everyone knows he doesn't need a plan b in Scotland cause the opposition submit within 30 mins or before the game starts and they have nothing to hurt Celtic in the final 3rd.

Edited by JECK

23 minutes ago, JECK said:

Would it balls, The Suarez Sturridge  parternshirp was the sole reason Liverpool came so close that season, once Suarez left and Sturridge was injured the following season Rogers was found out, no plan b and sussed out in the league and the champs league also.Everyone knows he doesn't need a plan b in Scotland cause the opposition submit within 30 mins or before the game starts and they have nothing to hurt Celtic in the final 3rd.

Both Suarez and Gerrard said Rodgers was a fantastic manager

23 minutes ago, JECK said:

This is not relevant to my interests. Or the topic in discussion. 

Reported to moderator - off topic.

Just having a quick look at who seems to have had a good start to the season and who hasn't.

In the EPL Robertson, Fletcher, and Phillips seems to have all made positive starts.

In the Championship it's Mackay, Douglas, and Cooper.

EPL players who seemingly haven't made positive starts are McArthur, Ritchie, Fraser, and Murphy.

And in the Championship Anya, Cummings, R Martin, Rhodes, Bryson, Naismith, C Martin

1 hour ago, davew said:

Just having a quick look at who seems to have had a good start to the season and who hasn't.

In the EPL Robertson, Fletcher, and Phillips seems to have all made positive starts.

In the Championship it's Mackay, Douglas, and Cooper.

EPL players who seemingly haven't made positive starts are McArthur, Ritchie, Fraser, and Murphy.

And in the Championship Anya, Cummings, R Martin, Rhodes, Bryson, Naismith, C Martin

Do you only watch English fitba'?