Domestic Season 17/18 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Domestic Season 17/18

Guest BlueGaz

9 minutes ago, Ormond said:

:lol: Aye ok.

I just thought I'd trying fishing you in response to your fishing attempt. ? 

Personally I don't think we gave him enough of a chance or even played him in his proper position. He just didn't fit the way Warburton wanted to play. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I just thought I'd trying fishing you in response to your fishing attempt. ? 

Personally I don't think we gave him enough of a chance or even played him in his proper position. He just didn't fit the way Warburton wanted to play. 

A lot of guys need a good coach to gee them on and in Wright, O Halloran has that. I really don't know why Rangers go for dross like Warburton or Caixinha when Wright is a far better boss. He's one of your mob too. ;)

7 hours ago, JECK said:

Seriously, what is the point in Celtic being in this league this season. Buying Hayes, the biggest threat (if that's the right word) to them last season and putting him on the bench is fking hilarious.

You do realise Celtic won the treble undefeated last season? That would suggest the current squad is actually pretty decent, domestically at least. It's not a surprise that Hayes is on the bench, I would be surprised if anyone really thought he was going to become a first team regular straight away, especially as it seems his best position is the same as Scott Sinclair's.

He will get game time, as most of the squad will over the season through rotation and injuries.

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

You do realise Celtic won the treble undefeated last season? That would suggest the current squad is actually pretty decent, domestically at least. It's not a surprise that Hayes is on the bench, I would be surprised if anyone really thought he was going to become a first team regular straight away, especially as it seems his best position is the same as Scott Sinclair's.

He will get game time, as most of the squad will over the season through rotation and injuries.

Great.  The opposition's best player is injury cover for the champions.  

I'm excited about the new fitba season - who will win the league?  What drama lies ahead!  SO exciting.   I can see why this fierce competition drives our game to international success.  

Y'know, I'm inclined to pay £22 a week to see how this unfolds...

Edited by adamntg

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

I'm excited about the new fitba season - who will win the league?  What drama lies ahead!  SO exciting.   I can see why this fierce competition drives our game to international success.  

Well you're one of the favourites, along with ICT and St. Mirren 

Well worth the weekly 22 quid to see how it unfolds :ok:

54 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Nah, St Mirren will win it by a mile. 

Utd for the play-offs. 

6 hours ago, Reevesy said:

You make a good point, there is far more entertainment and intrigue to be had in the lower leagues.  The procession to the Championship for Celtic is as interesting as, er, something not very interesting.  

10 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Did they? No the point was it's going to be terrible in terms of competition, Celtic crusing to probable 3/4 goal victories every week. Aye i think the squad is more than decent for this league.I just can't see how and where they will be beaten domestically. And the fact they bought Hayes to do this makes me laugh really. 

Edited by JECK

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

Great.  The opposition's best player is injury cover for the champions.  

Not injury cover. He will play. Squad rotation. Forrest is in at the moment but, as we all know, is inconsistent. Hayes, like other players, will play. It's why Armstrong & Rogic were on bench and McGregor and Ntcham played yesterday.

Celtic (and previously) Rangers can't really win. Buy domestically and you are said to be weakening the opposition, buy only foreign players, as they used to previously and you are filling the league with over priced foreigners at the expense of local players.

Maybe you would like to suggest who exactly Celtic should buy which will meet your stringent requirements.?

3 hours ago, JECK said:

Did they? No the point was it's going to be terrible in terms of competition, Celtic crusing to probable 3/4 goal victories every week. Aye i think the squad is more than decent for this league.I just can't see how and where they will be beaten domestically. And the fact they bought Hayes to do this makes me laugh really. 

Well at the moment Hayes has replaced Roberts in last seasons squad so it could be argued Celtic are now weaker than they were. 

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nah, St Mirren will win it by a mile. 

Utd for the play-offs. 

I was there yesterday RB and we were pretty impressive after a shaky first 20 minutes. Absolutely bossed Falkirk after that. 

2 hours ago, Marky said:

I was there yesterday RB and we were pretty impressive after a shaky first 20 minutes. Absolutely bossed Falkirk after that. 

That's pretty much what my friends have said too. I know quite a few season ticket holders at St Mirren and they all seem to go to the away games too. 

I'm quite confident that the Saints will be in the top 3 this season. With luck they can win it. With bad luck they'll come third. 

13 hours ago, Reevesy said:

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Selective nonsense. By that standard Motherwell were due a penalty in the first half.

I've not saw anything else bar the last bit of the game. But guessing my point stands on referees you buffoon ?

26 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Selective nonsense. By that standard Motherwell were due a penalty in the first half.

I only listened to the game on Radio Scotland so I'm assuming you mean when the cross his Hodsons arm.

I'll be interested to see that bit of action as quite often there's no way to avoid it hitting you when defending a cross at close quarters. 

The commentator seemed to think it might have been but Gordon Smith alongside thought it was a stick on. Can't remember what Tommy English and the other guys made of it at half time. Not even sure they discussed it. 

I did have a car load of kids going home after a couple of hours at the soft play though, so my concentration on the detail was lacking. ? 

2 hours ago, Marky said:

13 hours ago, Reevesy said:

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

I've not saw anything else bar the last bit of the game. But guessing my point stands on referees you buffoon ?

Maybe stop guessing and watch the whole game before you comment then?

And can the personal stuff, that's a major reason this message board is going to the trash bin (and no, you are in no way a cause of this - there are plenty others).

I agree with you re the officials. In particular, the Cadden goal kick incident was an embarrassment to people with functioning eyesight..