Copenhagen/Malmo - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Copenhagen/Malmo

giblet

Copenhagen is cracking, Malmo no so much. We did the day trip over the bridge to Malmo about 18 months ago, think it takes just under an hour if I mind right. 

Nothing much at all in Malmo, in fact the only reason we went over was so the mrs could tick Sweden off the list. 

Mind there was loads of bother in Malmo last year, no sure if that's all calmed down yet?  

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12466/how-muslim-migration-made-malmo-sweden-crime-michael-qazvini

Edited by McTeeko

23 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Copenhagen is cracking, Malmo no so much. We did the day trip over the bridge to Malmo about 18 months ago, think it takes just under an hour if I mind right. 

Nothing much at all in Malmo, in fact the only reason we went over was so the mrs could tick Sweden off the list. 

Mind there was loads of bother in Malmo last year, no sure if that's all calmed down yet?  

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12466/how-muslim-migration-made-malmo-sweden-crime-michael-qazvini

haha, well Malmo sounds just swell!  Our hotel is actually the building on that police picture!

As McTeeko says Copenhagen is great. Malmo is a nice enough wee place to spend a couple of hours wandering around the old town which is quite nice but nothing more than that

You can also go to Helsingborg from Copenhagen central which is supposedly just over and hour away. I haven't been personally but it's a major city so there'd be much more to do I'd imagine

Wherever you choose to go though just remember to take your passport. I done the Copenhagen to Malmo train in 2015 and there wasn't any checks but in 2016 I had a 16 hour stopover coming back from Paris so went over to Malmo while Sweden played Italy, anyway, I digress. Aye in 2016 after all the illegals started causing bother the Swedish police boarded the train to see everyone's documents

Edited by DoonTheSlope

One thing to look out for in Copenhagen is the number of pregnant women there seems to be

One thing to listen for while in Sweden is the Scottish accents. They speak Swedish but in a Scottish accent. Madness!

Edited by DoonTheSlope

Here now and found Malmo very pleasant. Big festival there tomorrow, so after doing all things Copenhagen last two days, spending Saturday there.

Folk keeping offering me a pint every time they see my Hibs shirt, clearly still very happy with our shipment of 9 goals to nothing a few years back. ?

On 11/08/2017 at 6:43 PM, giblet said:

Here now and found Malmo very pleasant. Big festival there tomorrow, so after doing all things Copenhagen last two days, spending Saturday there.

Folk keeping offering me a pint every time they see my Hibs shirt, clearly still very happy with our shipment of 9 goals to nothing a few years back. ?

Did you have to show you're passport this time or have they relaxed the borders again?