The Scottish Cup - 2017/18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Cup - 2017/18

This weekend the William Hill Scottish Cup kicks off for the 2017/18.  First Preliminary Round takes place with the fixtures as follows:

Kelty Hearts v. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale - Saturday 12 August, kick-off 2.30pm: New Central Park 

Glenafton Athletic v. Newton Stewart - Saturday 12 August 2017, kick-off 3pm: Loch Park

Burntisland Shipyard Amateur v. Colville Park  - Saturday 12 August, kick-off 3pm: Recreation Park

Thoughts on results and any score predictions?  I'll be taking in the Glenafton Athletic vs Newton Stewart game down in New Cumnock.

12 minutes ago, Debian said:

How bad?

I went to play bowls there once, and we had to get changed in a community centre next to the club because "the girls had set the clubhouse on fire".

Given the culture of bowling clubs, I thought they meant Betty and Agnes had burnt the pies the night before, but no, some girls had set fire to the bins against the wall of the clubhouse.

:shocked:

51 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I went to play bowls there once, and we had to get changed in a community centre next to the club because "the girls had set the clubhouse on fire".

Given the culture of bowling clubs, I thought they meant Betty and Agnes had burnt the pies the night before, but no, some girls had set fire to the bins against the wall of the clubhouse.

To me, the most surprising part of that post is that folk need somewhere to get changed to play bowls. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

:lol:

Change your shoes and dump your bag (minus the valuables in this case) really.

I'm sure you could do that at the side of the bowling pitch? New Cumnock doesn't sound like the sort of place where folk would be offended by the sight of shoe-less feet. 

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Bowls? You play bowls? You've just admitted you play bowls????

Went to Kelty v Lothian Thistle on Saturday. Good game. Kelty played most of the second half with 10 men after right back sent off for a couple of bookings. They went down to 9 with about 5 to go with a straight red for the centre back. Manager also sent off. Lothian Thistle won it in 94th minute, good header from a corner, celebrated like they had won the Scottish Cup itself, lots of GIRFUY's to the Kelty bench.

13 minutes ago, giblet said:

Colville hammered Burntisland.  Never heard of them before until read up about them, decent amateur outfit by the sounds of it.   

I had meant to look and see odds on that game, as I was aware Colville Park were splashing the cash!

Lee Hollis went there from Motherwell.