This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

55 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Is it the GB complaining about the police, the club about the displays, the fines, or a mixture?

Probably a mixture but the official line is "fan safety" due to the pyro (which is fair enough although they hadn't mentioned that before the Provo banner despite it being 3 Months earlier) and overcrowding on the stairs, which as I said before was actually done by the police. There's photos that back that up too.

18 minutes ago, Debian said:

If I was Lennon I'd have done the same. I actually took it as decent banter to be honest.  

I mind he played against us at RP for Forest in a pre season game. Got pelters but had a laugh and joke with us.

Durrant was the same against Aberdeen. Used to get pelters all game then used to blow kisses and wink at them when standing at post at corners etc.

Folk need to get a grip.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I mind he played against us at RP for Forest in a pre season game. Got pelters but had a laugh and joke with us.

Durrant was the same against Aberdeen. Used to get pelters all game then used to blow kisses and wink at them when standing at post at corners etc.

Folk need to get a grip.

Kris Boyd did the same, as did Gazza. I burst out laughing when Gazza pretended to shag a sheep :lol:

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Boyd got booked at Pittodrie for doing the fat arms motion during a goal celebration after he'd been getting pelters all game.

I remember that. Thought it was a bit harsh, even your worst foamer at the mouther would raise a smile at that.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No charge for Lennon from Police.

Common sense.

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

GB ban lifted.

Off for a gander at Rangers media to see how they're taking the news ?

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No charge for Lennon from Police.

Common sense.

Disappointed in the polis. Should've issued a statement that they'll be pursuing the morons who make these complaints for wasting police time. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Disappointed in the polis. Should've issued a statement that they'll be pursuing the morons who make these complaints for wasting police time. 

Sadly they won't as it'd be a waste of dwindling police resources. 

They are however investigating some fans for things that were said and done at the game towards Lennon. 

Hopefully some of the more troll like knuckledraggers will be getting charged and then banned from Ibrox shortly. 

7 hours ago, Reevesy said:

16 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

a section of rangers fans have certainly become a lot more sensitive and greetin faced over the last 5 years, long gone are the days of "no one likes us we don't care". This band of rangers fans are the new vicTIMS.

I don't think Neil Lennon should be punished at all, he cupped his ears, so fecking what. He takes horrendous levels of abuse from fans, particularly rangers fans so nobody should be surprised he gives something back.

You're right about the sensitive Rangers fans. It's actually pathetic how they respond to stuff. 

As for Lennon the only gesture that was worthy of any SFA check was the underarm GIRUY one. The pointing and cupping of ears is expected banter. The last gesture generally gets players booked, so I'd expect Managers to also get warnings for it. As he's got a 2 game suspended ban waiting I can see it now being applied. Mind you if they do nothing I'd not be that bothered. They're consistently inconsistent when it comes to stuff like that. 

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You're right about the sensitive Rangers fans. It's actually pathetic how they respond to stuff. 

As for Lennon the only gesture that was worthy of any SFA check was the underarm GIRUY one. The pointing and cupping of ears is expected banter. The last gesture generally gets players booked, so I'd expect Managers to also get warnings for it. As he's got a 2 game suspended ban waiting I can see it now being applied. Mind you if they do nothing I'd not be that bothered. They're consistently inconsistent when it comes to stuff like that. 

There is plenty precedent on the GIRUY gesture resulting in bookings/bans.

Intersting they are investigating some of the abuse, I had been going to suggest that Neil Lennon could make a counter complaint about sectarian behaviour/singing directed at him or just in general at the game. That's a can of worms the SFA have no interest in opening.... 

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

There is plenty precedent on the GIRUY gesture resulting in bookings/bans.

Intersting they are investigating some of the abuse, I had been going to suggest that Neil Lennon could make a counter complaint about sectarian behaviour/singing directed at him or just in general at the game. That's a can of worms the SFA have no interest in opening.... 

Yes but our lovely constabulary are duty bound to sort it out. 

John Beaton and Craig Thomson demoted to the championship this weekend 

They will still make mistake and have off days, demoting them to the championship will make zero difference. The Huns will still greet like bairns the next time a decision goes against them.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

They will still make mistake and have off days, demoting them to the championship will make zero difference. The Huns will still greet like bairns the next time a decision goes against them.

John Beaton is one of the best referees in the league IMO. Stephen Finnie is one of the better ones too but rarely gets big games, bizarrely. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Taking club issues out of it is standard practice for refs to be punished for incompetence and Beaton had a shocker.

16 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Taking club issues out of it is standard practice for refs to be punished for incompetence and Beaton had a shocker.

Can you elaborate as to why you think he "had a shocker"? 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Is there any other sport where you get so many false results?  Two league games in and refs costing teams. The quicker we drag football into the 21st centuary with instant video appeals the better. 

(yes, pissed off Well fan).