This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Every team is subjected to to bad refereeing, most of us get on with it. Rangers, sincere their resurrection throw the toys out of the pram.

:lol:

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Every team is subjected to to bad refereeing, most of us get on with it. Rangers, sincere their resurrection throw the toys out of the pram.

If it were a player at my club, I'd be more angry with him getting stupidly involved.

If Ryan Jack doesn't get involved in that incident, then there is nothing for John Beaton to make a decision on.

7 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

If it were a player at my club, I'd be more angry with him getting stupidly involved.

If Ryan Jack doesn't get involved in that incident, then there is nothing for John Beaton to make a decision on.

Spot on Cove. If Jack keeps the heid (apologies for the terrible pun) then he stays on the pitch. That's the bottom line. He cost us the game in all probability. 

The ref was very poor but that's always possible so you've got to ensure he has no chance to send you off. 

Everyone knows Stokes should have gone but that has absolutely nothing to do with Jack's red. He has to learn to control his temper better. 

On 16/08/2017 at 1:14 PM, sbcmfc said:

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

exactly, no need for Jack to run 10-20 yards to get involved. 

it was quite funny watching him shit his pants when the hibs player reacted.

22 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

exactly, no need for Jack to run 10-20 yards to get involved. 

it was quite funny watching him shit his pants when the hibs player reacted.

Probably the first time I'd seen him square up to anyone. 

Ever. 

39 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Probably the first time I'd seen him square up to anyone. 

Ever. 

To be fair, he done it to Garner in the game they won at Pittodrie last season. Was obviously keen to make an impression on his new employers. 

16 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

If you think what happened is a head butt, shed, its not only football in this country that has gone to f&ck. 

Gaz ive seen it several times. if you think that wasn't a red then its you that's gone to f&ck. 

its appeasement - nothing else.

take off your blue specs eh?

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Spot on Cove. If Jack keeps the heid (apologies for the terrible pun) then he stays on the pitch. That's the bottom line. He cost us the game in all probability. 

The ref was very poor but that's always possible so you've got to ensure he has no chance to send you off. 

Everyone knows Stokes should have gone but that has absolutely nothing to do with Jack's red. He has to learn to control his temper better. 

agreed RB. I think you were hard done by with stokes not going, but its still a red for jack.

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

This was always happening.

Things changed in this regard after QOTS won their appeal against a sending off for, I think Stephen Dobbie, against Rangers at Palmerston a couple of years back.

This whole saga sums things up nicely for me though.

Despite the head butt movement which is a stick on Red, and regardless of stokes offence, the shock and anger at Rangers receiving a red card at Ibrox has been immense, despite the fact it was deserved. so much so that the authorities feel obliged to rescind it to in some way compensate them.

This sums up the state of refereeing and what the other clubs are up against here. its become a joke.

by all means talk about what the ref did miss but he didn't miss jacks offence and that was a red.

Guest BlueGaz
16 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Gaz ive seen it several times. if you think that wasn't a red then its you that's gone to f&ck. 

its appeasement - nothing else.

take off your blue specs eh?

I don't think it was a red.  I said that before all the appeal stuff, at the weekend.  I wasn't sure at the game, but seen nothing to suggest a red once i had a chance to see it online.  I still haven't seen anything to suggest a "head butt". 

Its paranoia - nothing else.  

Edited by BlueGaz

14 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

:lol:

I've seen players go head to head many times and stay on the pitch. Nothing different here, except it's Rangers. Far more important things happening for those that want to get their weekly 'knickers in a twist' fix.

Might not have lost if it hadn't happened, that annoys me more. But we are all subject to shite refereeing most weeks, so par for the course I suppose.  

I think someone said he had been downgraded to champ next week. Not sure if that is normal or not but if it's a reflection of his performance, good, deserves it. Wasn't the only major mistake he made.  

This is where we are. common consensus is he made one major mistake - not sending off stokes and you want him downgraded.

so rather than refs being against rangers it appears that any ref who doesn't give you the decisions you need should be downgraded?

jesus wept.  this is why most other supporters believe refs favour your team. if they ref fairly or in fact err against your team there is an outcry and its headline news.

Did anyone hear Lennon's response on sportsound when asked about this whole saga again?

I find myself agreeing with Neil Lennon.............................:lol:

Edited by vanderark14

Guest BlueGaz
6 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

This is where we are. common consensus is he made one major mistake - not sending off stokes and you want him downgraded.

so rather than refs being against rangers it appears that any ref who doesn't give you the decisions you need should be downgraded?

jesus wept.  this is why most other supporters believe refs favour your team. if they ref fairly or in fact err against your team there is an outcry and its headline news.

No.  He made more than that.  You think Stokes should have been sent off for the Jack incident?  One major mistake.  Stokes sent off for the foul on Tav early on?  Two major mistakes.  Dorrans sent off?  Three.  Their number 10 got away with murder, could have been sent off.  Moreles had a 10 minute spell and fouled about 8 times.  The referreeing was a shambles, full stop.  

So no, I'm not saying he deserves to be downgraded because of one major mistake, and if thats the common consensus amongst fans who werent there, then they are all wrong on this one. 

Other supporters will always believe refs favour us and Celtic.  Its part of their being as a fan.  Its also very funny.  

Edited by BlueGaz

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Did anyone hear Lennon's response on sportsound when asked about this whole saga again?

I find myself agreeing with Neil Lennon.............................:lol:

The comment about how Hibs could have had a player sent off, Rangers could have had someone else sent off, and how Hibs had a goal disallowed and missed some chances?

Just now, Cove_Sheep said:

The comment about how Hibs could have had a player sent off, Rangers could have had someone else sent off, and how Hibs had a goal disallowed and missed some chances?

yes and the comment about the 1872 statement being written by a kid:lol:

46 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

No.  He made more than that.  You think Stokes should have been sent off for the Jack incident?  One major mistake.  Stokes sent off for the foul on Tav early on?  Two major mistakes.  Dorrans sent off?  Three.  Their number 10 got away with murder, could have been sent off.  Moreles had a 10 minute spell and fouled about 8 times.  The referreeing was a shambles, full stop.  

So no, I'm not saying he deserves to be downgraded because of one major mistake, and if thats the common consensus amongst fans who werent there, then they are all wrong on this one. 

Other supporters will always believe refs favour us and Celtic.  Its part of their being as a fan.  Its also very funny.  

you are omitting the perfectly good goal Hibs scored as well.

47 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

problem is, one game where yes, I think you have a case that the referee made more mistakes in favour of the visiting team, doesnt equate to the years of poor decisions for away teams at your venue.  What is enlightening is the aftermath of publicity.  This is exactly the reason that teams normally get nothing at the ugly sisters grounds.  Referees are human beings and it must for a nano second in their decision making process make them think of the consequences of giving a controversial decision in the favour of the visiting team to these grounds.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

yeh, not so funny for the supporters of other clubs unfortunately...

31 minutes ago, giblet said:

problem is, one game where yes, I think you have a case that the referee made more mistakes in favour of the visiting team, doesnt equate to the years of poor decisions for away teams at your venue.  What is enlightening is the aftermath of publicity.  This is exactly the reason that teams normally get nothing at the ugly sisters grounds.  Referees are human beings and it must for a nano second in their decision making process make them think of the consequences of giving a controversial decision in the favour of the visiting team to these grounds.

exactly what does Beaton do the next time a player pushes his head into another players face? I bet he red cards him, unless of course its rangers, and then he might just think twice. how the f&ck can that be right?

7 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Getting back to the appeals, do we know, on what grounds, Motherwell tried to appeal their goalkeepers sending off?

Were they arguing it wasn't DOGSO or were they arguing it wasn't outside the box?

Given they're not exactly flush, it seems a waste of £1,000.

A bit of both I think Cove. The DOGSO argument seemed to be on the basis that the goalkeeper doesnt just disappear if he doesnt handle the ball and that Kipre is right there as well. 

Carson would have been better off attempting to stick the head on the St Johnstone boy or punch him in the stomach. 

Guest BlueGaz
7 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

yeh, not so funny for the supporters of other clubs unfortunately...

Self inflicted unfortunately.  The fantasy that OF teams get a huge amount more decisions at home than they should get, would be better discussed in the Game Of Thrones thread than in here.  It is total paranoia.  The hard fact is that the OF have been streets ahead of the rest of Scotland for the majority of our footballing history, its as simple as that.  

Edited by BlueGaz

Guest BlueGaz
41 minutes ago, giblet said:

Assuming you were at the game, or you would probably have the same 'common consensus' as the rest of the fans in Scotland who weren't at the game.  There is part of the problem straight away.  Know it alls who have seen 5-10 minute highlights.

I have seen many strange decisions over the years at home, some we got, many we didn't.  

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Assuming you were at the game, or you would probably have the same 'common consensus' as the rest of the fans in Scotland who weren't at the game.  There is part of the problem straight away.  Know it alls who have seen 5-10 minute highlights.

I watched the full game, with the benefit of replays :ok: