This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Some good looking games this weekend.

St Johnstone go to Celtic with the chance to go top of the league... and Aberdeen have a good record at Firhill these days. 

Killie will be looking to get off 0 points with a home game against Accies.

We are at home to Hearts with a pretty iffy record against them. Started terribly last week so hopefully sort that out this week and we'll have a chance. Hearts defended well against Rangers so reckon we might struggle to get clear chances. 

On Sunday Pedro is off to the highlands and probably needs the win to stop the pressure building up (for another week at least) and fancy Hibs to bounce back from their pumping off the Accies and beat Dundee at Dens. 

St Mirren v Dundee Utd looks like a cracker and shame it isnt on Alba and Inverness face Brechin in a relegation dog fight...

Wee local derby in league one between East Fife and Raith Rovers.

Just now, Ormond said:

Can't see us getting 'owt at Parkhead(who can?) but you never know. Tommy Wright in fairness always sets his teams out to have a go. I don't think I've known him yet to 'park a bus'.

Last team to beat Celtic domestically...St Johnstone.

Couple of gems from PC today for the press.

"I will use the Portuguese phrase 'The dog barks and the caravan keeps going' We will keep going"

"These players need a break Too much water will kill the plants"

:lol:

Totally unrelated but just saw Europa League draw, that would have been some draw for Aberdeen had they got through

Group E: Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon Limassol

1 minute ago, Geed said:

Totally unrelated but just saw Europa League draw, that would have been some draw for Aberdeen had they got through

Group E: Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon Limassol

Why are Everton highlighted?

Both of Sunday's games look like away wins, and Celtic and Aberdeen should win comfortably tomorrow. I'd have thought Hamilton will fancy their chances against Kilmarnock. Motherwell vs Hearts might well end up a draw.

4 hours ago, scottishedgar said:

That wasn't from the last defeat, we beat them that regularly it's easy to get confused though. 

You going to Lith Ed? You are due me a pint for me putting up with Dave when he was over here recently? :lol:

I noticed Thistle are 7/2 to beat Aberdeen and they are a much better side than their early form has shown and Aberdeen are prone to to an away lapse every so often, can see Thistle sneaking that. As for Sellik today, after the mid week excursions, it will be 0-0 at HT and 2-0 come full time.

No recriminations today. The bhoys did well to dig out a draw despite one of those off days and despite the incompetence of Craig Gordon and Willie Collum.

Well done to Saints, I thought Shaugnessy was outstanding. McLean and Paton are Hun scumbags tho ?

A mixture of poor finishing and excellent goalkeeping stopped us getting the winner today but St.Johnstone countered attacked well and deserved their point.

I did think McLean should have been sent off for swinging the elbow at Tierney but these things happen. We got a penalty at McDiarmid park last season that we shouldn't have which probably turned the game in our favour, for example.

Johnny Hayes looks a worse signing with every game he plays, sadly.