This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

30 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I wonder if it is his same correspondent who ha a problem with the Carl McHugh red card a few weeks back...

To be fair, he reviewed that one having seen TV evidence. That was the only decision the ref got right that day.

:lol:

9 hours ago, Fraser89 said:

If McInnes was offered the Rangers job he'd be gone in a heartbeat. 

I'm on neither side of this debate as it's hard for any of us to know. Just because he played for the Huns does not automatically mean he's one of their own. The job has been available twice now whilst Mcinnes has been at Aberdeen and he's not jumped at it. 

Of course he may be waiting till it's a more stable club which would back up what scotty says.

8 hours ago, slasher said:

It's a wasted argument. Sheepworriers will always say McInnes wouldn't touch the job, the reality is he's one of their own ?

It's their loss in the end as Tommy and the perma tanned zombie McInnes are both better managers than crazy Pedro ?

ah the OF fan logic, at least it gives the rest of us a bloody good laugh.

13 hours ago, Micky said:

Genuinely interested in the opinions of any Arabs fans who made the trip to Paisley today. What did you think of Lewis Morgan? 

I can barely recall a time he DIDN'T beat his man this afternoon. He's roasted any number of full backs in his short career so far but that was just outstanding. 2 great goals and a quality assist.  

Sadly he's out of contract next summer so we may lose him either next week or in January (which might scupper our promotion dream) but I'm just trying to enjoy it while I can.

A good move to the right team and international football beckons sooner rather than later.

They are obviously all still either hiding or gently weeping into their pillows Micky. :lol:

We absolutely destroyed them all over the park yesterday, but as you correctly say Morgan was the stand out. He tore them to shreds. 

I just hope we can hold onto him. I'd much rather lose him for nothing at the end of the season, than now for the usual insulting fee.

Edited by Marky

Well we made that much harder than it needed to be but at least the score reflected the domination of the game. 

Despite Morellos scoring twice I find myself rather fed up with his falling over far too easily on a constant basis. 

I really don't like this aspect of the modern game. 

Ref missed a red card for the County captain and a penalty as well but overall had a reasonable game. 

22 hours ago, slasher said:

If they'd paid the money, they'd have got him. 

Sunderland offered 'the money', yet he remains our manager.

McInnes said "he was ambitious" and wanted to stay at Aberdeen.

Why would he go to such an unsettled club as Rangers?

22 hours ago, slasher said:

You talk pish as is well established ?

The only thing that is well established is that the truth I post is unpopular.

20 hours ago, Fraser89 said:

If McInnes was offered the Rangers job he'd be gone in a heartbeat. 

The job would be McInnes' anytime there is vacancy (and they've had plenty over their 5-6 year history) but why would he welcome that kind of grief into his life?

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sunderland offered 'the money', yet he remains our manager.

McInnes said "he was ambitious" and wanted to stay at Aberdeen.

Why would he go to such an unsettled club as Rangers?

The only thing that is well established is that the truth I post is unpopular.

The job would be McInnes' anytime there is vacancy (and they've had plenty over their 5-6 year history) but why would he welcome that kind of grief into his life?

Ambition and Aberdeen?

Mcinnes wisely turned down the Sunderland job as the club is a basket case. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's never been offered  the gig at Ibrox?

Nice to see Sutton calling out crazy Pedro on his bs today. Ronny Deila got pelters from these spineless hacks but Pedro has taken nonsense to new levels unchallenged! ?

24 minutes ago, slasher said:

Mcinnes wisely turned down the Sunderland job as the club is a basket case. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's never been offered  the gig at Ibrox?

Nice to see Sutton calling out crazy Pedro on his bs today. Ronny Deila got pelters from these spineless hacks but Pedro has taken nonsense to new levels unchallenged! ?

Aye, Pedro squirmed having been shown up. Well done Sutton for calling him out. He'll be sacked by Christmas without a shadow of doubt.

5 hours ago, macy37 said:

Ambition and Aberdeen?

Correct. That was the quote.

Determined to take Aberdeen to the Group Stages in Europe, and win domestic trophies.

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Mcinnes wisely turned down the Sunderland job as the club is a basket case.

And Rangers isn't?

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but he's never been offered  the gig at Ibrox?

Rangers wanted him but didn't have 2 pennies to rub together, so no point.