This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

18 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Rangers do a lot more with the military than just the event that took place last week.  There are quite a few other things that happen, instigated by the club.  So I would disagree that they don't give a shit.  

That's a feckin cracker:rollsmile: :rollsmile:

When are we going to have Paramadics Day or Firefighters Day or Nurses Day or Teachers Day or Coast Guards Day ? At least these are real, genuine heroes doing great work for all to see. Unlike some thick pwick in desert cammos with a rifle who thinks shooting a twelve year old Iraqi dead counts as "defending ma country".

Truth hurts.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

26 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Rangers do a lot more with the military than just the event that took place last week.  There are quite a few other things that happen, instigated by the club.  So I would disagree that they don't give a shit.  

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Pandering to simpletons in their support perhaps but let's not pretend it is anything else.

Why is it only Rangers in the whole of the UK who feel the need for this over the top shite? 

The answer is simply because of Celtic's Republican element in our support. It's just a reaction to that. The same way you get huns who wave the star of David because we have fans waving Palestine flags.

It really is as straight forward as that. It's crass as fuk and lapped up by halfwits.

45 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Pandering to simpletons in their support perhaps but let's not pretend it is anything else.

Why is it only Rangers in the whole of the UK who feel the need for this over the top shite? 

The answer is simply because of Celtic's Republican element in our support. It's just a reaction to that. The same way you get huns who wave the star of David because we have fans waving Palestine flags.

It really is as straight forward as that. It's crass as fuk and SLAGGED OFF  by halfwits.

Canny disagree with any of this except the bit I fixed for you. Why do you even bother about commenting on it ?

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That's a feckin cracker:rollsmile: :rollsmile:

When are we going to have Paramadics Day or Firefighters Day or Nurses Day or Teachers Day or Coast Guards Day ? At least these are real, genuine heroes doing great work for all to see. Unlike some thick pwick in desert cammos with a rifle who thinks shooting a twelve year old Iraqi dead counts as "defending ma country".

Truth hurts.

Attempt to do something about that then, I will back you.  :ok:

8 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Attempt to do something about that then, I will back you.  :ok:

"National Firefighters Day" or "Paramedics Day" won't really give any opportunity for you guys to "pure get it right up aw ra Tims" though will it ?

And I am doing my bit. I recently managed to dissuade two young relations from their misguided idea about joining the murderers British Army when they are older. Success :ok:

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

"National Firefighters Day" or "Paramedics Day" won't really give any opportunity for you guys to "pure get it right up aw ra Tims" though will it ?

And I am doing my bit. I recently managed to dissuade two young relations from their misguided idea about joining the murderers British Army when they are older. Success :ok:

Do your bit for a National Firefighters Day, or for a Paramedics Day.  Many would back you, including myself.  Or, are you just going to gob off about it on here?  I would also dissuade youngsters from joining the army too, so with you on that one.  :ok:

29 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

Do your bit for a National Firefighters Day, or for a Paramedics Day.  Many would back you, including myself.  Or, are you just going to gob off about it on here?  I would also dissuade youngsters from joining the army too, so with you on that one.  :ok:

Well the bit about firefighters/paramedics/teachers/nurses/coast guards was tongue in cheek on my part because of the obsession we have in the 21st Century for jazzed up special days devoted to things. For my part I admire a firefighter or a nurse a billion times more than I admire a soldier.

Graphic history lessons at school about the British Army's (especially it's Scots) brutal record against native peoples trying to achieve their own freedom from colonial rule is one thing that should be done. 

Good to have ye half-way onboard anyway :)

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Well the bit about firefighters/paramedics/teachers/nurses/coast guards was tongue in cheek on my part because of the obsession we have in the 21st Century for jazzed up special days devoted to things. For my part I admire a firefighter or a nurse a billion times more than I admire a soldier.

Graphic history lessons at school about the British Army's (especially it's Scots) brutal record against native peoples trying to achieve their own freedom from colonial rule is one thing that should be done. 

Good to have ye half-way onboard anyway :)

Cool, so we are going to do nothing about it then.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Those people deserve a bit more than tongue in cheek IMO, but we can leave it at that.  :ok:

Edited by BlueGaz

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Cool, so we are going to do nothing about it then.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Those people deserve a bit more than tongue in cheek IMO, but we can leave it at that.  :ok:

Aye cannon firing, march round at Ibrox, massed brass and pipe bands playing, and let's not forget all that tacky themed merchandise.........

What good does that pageantry actually do anybody ?

As many people have pointed out in the past, there are much better (and tasteful) ways to "show your support" rather than having a tacky carnival about something, in this case the armed forces.

You are aware that most Scottish football teams (yes, even Celtic) have made sizeable donations to the British Legion and provided free tickets to servicemen and women in the past or is this news to you ?

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye cannon firing, march round at Ibrox, massed brass and pipe bands playing, and let's not forget all that tacky themed merchandise.........

What good does that pageantry actually do anybody ?

As many people have pointed out in the past, there are much better (and tasteful) ways to "show your support" rather than having a tacky carnival about something, in this case the armed forces.

You are aware that most Scottish football teams (yes, even Celtic) have made sizeable donations to the British Legion and provided free tickets to servicemen and women in the past or is this news to you ?

No, its not news to me, and well done to them.  I just wouldn't use other important people/jobs/roles in society during a 'whataboutery' exercise.  I have too much respect for them to do that.  We are all different though, each to their own. :ok:

Unsure where this is going, anything else? 

Edited by BlueGaz

5 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

No, its not news to me, and well done to them.  I just wouldn't use other important people/jobs/roles in society during a 'whataboutery' exercise.  I have too much respect for them to do that.  We are all different though, each to their own. :ok:

Unsure where this is going, anything else? 

WTF is it with Rangers fans and the need for everyone to show "respect" for everything :lol:

Wind yer neck in.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

WTF is it with Rangers fans and the need for everyone to show "respect" for everything :lol:

Wind yer neck in.

Nothing to do with Rangers.  I just wouldn't stoop as low as you did, thats all, nothing to do with football.  

So, nothing else then?  That us done?  Or would you prefer a couple more digs before we move on?  I'm here till 5.

Wind yer neck in.

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

They love having a Mister that they can doff the cap to.

Extra points if he's wearing brown brogues.

1 minute ago, BlueGaz said:

Nothing to do with Rangers.  I just wouldn't stoop as low as you did, thats all, nothing to do with football.  

So, nothing else then?  That us done?  Or would you prefer a couple more digs before we move on?  I'm here till 5.

Quite right BlueGaz, I'm an awful person and should have been on trial at Nuremberg:rollsmile:

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

They love having a Mister that they can doff the cap to.

Extra points if he's wearing brown brogues.

:lol: Here we go.  Now he can keep it going for a bit longer, seeing as dumber is here to join dumb.

Quite right BlueGaz, I'm an awful person and should have been on trial at Nuremberg:rollsmile:

I never said you were an awful person.  Unsure what Nuremberg has to do with it - bit random.  

Canny wait for the Red Nose Day thread so I can be completely obnoxious to all you people who may support it. Rangers chose to make a celebration of the armed forces, whether anyone feels it is OTT or justified is their own opinion, just a shame it is expressed in such a crass way by some to provoke reaction.  Time this thread was moved to the "What went wrong with the TAMB" section

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

We'll do that in a few weeks when The poppies start, if we're still here.

:lol:

Forgot about that - we could just copy/paste last years stuff into new threads?  Save us all a lot of hassle.

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

Canny wait for the Red Nose Day thread so I can be completely obnoxious to all you people who may support it. Rangers chose to make a celebration of the armed forces, whether anyone feels it is OTT or justified is their own opinion, just a shame it is expressed in such a crass way by some to provoke reaction.  Time this thread was moved to the "What went wrong with the TAMB" section

I don't think there's a football club (or company) that holds their own red nose day, months after the proper one, for personal gain though. So not really comparable, is it?

Edited by Reevesy

12 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Indeed.

As ever, they're just looking to do the exact opposite of us. Anyone who believes rangers football club genuinely gives a shit about the armed forces is delusional.

The only delusion here is yours. Rangers don't just exist as the opposite of Celtic. They do stuff of their own with no recourse to the East End. 

10 hours ago, Reevesy said:

It really is as straight forward as that. It's crass as fuk and lapped up by halfwits.

Your first sentence finally gets to the nub of everything every club does. 

To think otherwise is stupid.