This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 24 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

30 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Ref had a shocker at Easter Road yesterday.

Bit of fight about Motherwell this year. Looking forward to the Aberdeen double header on Thursday and Sunday.

I'm not!!  Mcinnes doesn't know his best team just now and we're chopping and changing everywhere with the bizarre exception of Mclean who is the most obvious problem. 

We need to settle on a starting eleven which, to be honest, pretty much picks itself and stick with it. You can't keep 18 players happy with starting positions so don't try.  Confidence is shakey and we aren't geling or building on pitch relationships because we aren't settled.

Anyway, I appear to have gone on a rant. But two very big games for our season already!

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

The one when the ball bounced off a rangers players foot and they got the throw in, which resulted in a goal, 30 seconds or so later. 

I never saw it.  These things happen, but definitely more refereeing incompetence than anything.  Thistle should have been down to at least 9 too. 

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

Nah mate, a wee mole stuck his heid up, never touched the Rangers player??

:lol: something outta caddyshack that :lol:

1 hour ago, Debian said:

I never saw it.  These things happen, but definitely more refereeing incompetence than anything.  Thistle should have been down to at least 9 too. 

I did mention that too, could've quite easily been 10 v 10 at one point. They are mistakes that are made, if the offficials were watching the game, it was quite obvious that it was a wrong decision for the throw, even the commentators were in disbelief, including Mccoist. 

1 minute ago, EddardStark said:

The 

Thistle had ample time to defend the goal at there was at least two phases of play. Hardly crucial. 

I'd say the chance to have the ball up the other end of the park attacking, rather than defending is fairly crucial. 

Would those phases of play been happening if the correct and obvious decision was taken?

It was an utterly ridiculous decision, anyone can see that. 

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'd say the chance to have the ball up the other end of the park attacking, rather than defending is fairly crucial. 

Would those phases of play been happening if the correct and obvious decision was taken?

It was an utterly ridiculous decision, anyone can see that. 

We had a nailed on free kick denied 10 mins before Thistles equalizer. Thistle broke up the park 10 mins after and scored. Devasted :-(

12 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Pointing to the exact location of where he had the horns removed...

_97833717_13842730.jpg

He probably is Satan.

:lol:

Decent result for the 'well. While the press narrative was that the Huns could go top on Friday night, Motherwell would've gone above them if they'd won, and despite not winning, 6/1 :shocked: was still great Value.

40 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I fancy Motherwell to put Aberdeen out the cup tonight. Motherwell almost 4/1 to win in 90 minutes or 9/4 just to qualify.

I have a sneaking feeling too.  But if I was to put money on it, would put it on Aberdeen.  

4 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Fair point. 

Still I dont like it when the Motherwell forum is quietly confident before a game and I see Aberdeen fans not so confident :lol:

If McInnes plays our best 11, in the shape they're used to, i reckon we'll win. However, i have visions of him trying to wedge both Rooney and May in the side, Christie either punted out wide or on the bench, Kenny McLean stinking the place out as usual and Louis Moult scoring a double.  

Will wait until i see the line-ups before placing my bet on 'Well.