This Weekends Matches 2017/18 - Page 25 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Weekends Matches 2017/18

Not confident tonight. Aberdeen half time Motherwell full time might be worth a shout. Big Dons support again tonight. I fear another let down. Not played consistently well this season and after the first twenty five minutes last week we went into our shell and produced a very flat performance with no urgency, flair or penetration. Killie did however play well in the second half and a better side would have beaten us. Rode our luck at Murrayfield the week before too. 

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Skybet offering 6/1 on Motherwell to win and Louis Moult to score.

Id be surprised if we won and he didn't score.

I'm on that and 'well -1 at 9/1

Looking good so far.

Aberdeen look poor at the moment. I'm sure they will improve but the manager needs to work out his best team soon and get them settled.

Motherwell look solid. 

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Told you. 

Another wonderful McLean performance tonight. 

Why single him out? GMS was just as bad. I wish he'd floated down the Kelvin and signed for the first junior side he passed. The only player who got pass marks was Christie, the rest were a complete embarrassment.

That type of defeat has been coming for a while, Mcinnes making too many changes, players not giving the same effort. Hopefully that serves as a wake up call 

11 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

Excellent manager still :lol:

yes he is, not sure why you only crop up to have a dig

hows brendan getting on? did he have anything to say about the gulf in finances when celtic trounced dundee on Wednesday......................... probably not.

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Brilliant stuff from Motherwell tonight.

Aberdeen were poor.

Motherwell seemed to win every 50/50, bit fortunate with the 2 quick goals, but never looked back after that.

Motherwell were far superior in every single department last night. Moult is a brilliant forward and he had players behind him willing to get stuck and do the dirty work. 

I have been pretty critical of McInnes on here at times, maybe overly so, but I really get the impression he just doesn't know what to do with this team. He's easily got the the second best attacking force in the league, but like many Scottish managers doesn't know how best to harness their creativity and let them express themselves and his negligence of the defence has been crminal at times. I know Shinnie has done very well in midfield but he's the second best left back in the league and should play there, meaning Considine is nowhere near the starting 11, which would be a huge bonus.

Motherwell on the other hand look very good, could become a staple on the old weekend accumulators.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Motherwell were far superior in every single department last night. Moult is a brilliant forward and he had players behind him willing to get stuck and do the dirty work. 

Could've been an Aberdeen player for 500k, which is only slightly more than our cut of the semi final gate.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Why single him out? GMS was just as bad. I wish he'd floated down the Kelvin and signed for the first junior side he passed. The only player who got pass marks was Christie, the rest were a complete embarrassment.

That type of defeat has been coming for a while, Mcinnes making too many changes, players not giving the same effort. Hopefully that serves as a wake up call 

yes he is, not sure why you only crop up to have a dig

hows brendan getting on? did he have anything to say about the gulf in finances when celtic trounced dundee on Wednesday......................... probably not.

I single him out as I’ve had to endure the useless feck be absolute pish for 3 of the past 3.5 years and I’m sick fed up of him. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I single him out as I’ve had to endure the useless feck be absolute pish for 3 of the past 3.5 years and I’m sick fed up of him. 

You honestly think he wasn't absolute p1sh for 0.5 of those years?! 

Being serious, I reckon he's played 3 respectable games in his entire tenure. He's a heartless, responsibility shirking, diving fud. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

What this says :ok:

Ive had many a row with people in and out of stadiums about how useless he is and all I ever get is "if he was that bad, he wouldn't be playing every week", well now, he's not that bad, he's worse, absolutely fvcking rank, offers nothing apart from pointing fingers and shirking responsibility. Waste of a shirt. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

32 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

You honestly think he wasn't absolute p1sh for 0.5 of those years?! 

Being serious, I reckon he's played 3 respectable games in his entire tenure. He's a heartless, responsibility shirking, diving fud. 

I wouldn't go as far as that but McLean hasn't come close to justifying his transfer fee, his Scotland cap (although I've met plenty of fans who think he's crap yet deserves more call ups) and his inclusion in the first team for every game.

We've spent the last 3.5 years trying to find a way of accommodating him. He obviously has talent but he doesn't have the consistent goal threat to play off the striker or the bite and positional sense to play deeper. We've seen him play both roles this season with either Christie being dropped or pushed out wide or Tansey dropped to the bench. At no point has the thought entered that we could drop him.

We had similar problem last season when Madison joined. He couldn't play McLean deeper as we had Jack and Shinnie so he dropped McGinn and played Madison out wide which ruined our style of play.

To be fair McLean isn't the only problem this season. Derek is going back through this changing and fiddling of players and systems he does at the start every season. We all know we're still at our best with a 4-2-3-1 which we played before the international break. Lewis in goal, Logan right back, Considine left back, O'Connor center back, Shinnie center midfield, Christie support striker, May striker. 7 positions which should never change unless injury. Only question is Arnason or Reynolds at center back. Ball (I'm not convinced), Tansey or McLean beside Shinnie. Wright, Mackay-Steven or Stewart out wide.

2 hours ago, drew said:

I wouldn't go as far as that but McLean hasn't come close to justifying his transfer fee, his Scotland cap (although I've met plenty of fans who think he's crap yet deserves more call ups) and his inclusion in the first team for every game.

We've spent the last 3.5 years trying to find a way of accommodating him. He obviously has talent but he doesn't have the consistent goal threat to play off the striker or the bite and positional sense to play deeper. We've seen him play both roles this season with either Christie being dropped or pushed out wide or Tansey dropped to the bench. At no point has the thought entered that we could drop him.

We had similar problem last season when Madison joined. He couldn't play McLean deeper as we had Jack and Shinnie so he dropped McGinn and played Madison out wide which ruined our style of play.

To be fair McLean isn't the only problem this season. Derek is going back through this changing and fiddling of players and systems he does at the start every season. We all know we're still at our best with a 4-2-3-1 which we played before the international break. Lewis in goal, Logan right back, Considine left back, O'Connor center back, Shinnie center midfield, Christie support striker, May striker. 7 positions which should never change unless injury. Only question is Arnason or Reynolds at center back. Ball (I'm not convinced), Tansey or McLean beside Shinnie. Wright, Mackay-Steven or Stewart out wide.

I commend your restraint and sense of reasonableness. 

Agree with your formation. I'm probably just about done with Considine at left back. 

Team for Sunday:

Lewis

Logan, O'Connor, Arneson, Shinnie

Tansay, Ball (last chance)

Wright, Stewart, Christie

May

On 22/09/2017 at 3:52 PM, SMcoolJ said:

I commend your restraint and sense of reasonableness. 

Agree with your formation. I'm probably just about done with Considine at left back. 

Team for Sunday:

Lewis

Logan, O'Connor, Arneson, Shinnie

Tansay, Ball (last chance)

Wright, Stewart, Christie

May

Saw the 2nd half of the game the other night. Considine is most definitely not a left back.