1st December - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1st December

bonny78

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

Probably not for ages as the qualifiers don't start until March 2019 due to the Nations League thing that nobody understands. 

Aye, the Nations League draw will be the next one. Probably in November 2017 but I don't think they have set an exact date yet. I have heard 15th Nov but I don't know if that has been confirmed. It's fairly straight forward really if you can be bothered to read the UEFA guff that explains it. 

surely the matches are next Sept Oct Nov

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Probably not for ages as the qualifiers don't start until March 2019 due to the Nations League thing that nobody understands. 

qualifiers start Sept 18, I would of thought Nov 17 for the draw but

a. cant find anywhere the date of the draw anywhere

b. it might be a bit close to the wc  finals draw

having said that I distinctly remember  we knew we had 3 aways in set oct nov after the euros on 2016

I don't think they have announced the date of the Nations League draw. It will be after the play offs in November. 

The Nations League us quite straightforward. As mentioned before, just read about it on the uefa website. 

Hopefully we will be in one of the groups of 4 (rather than the group of 3) so we get more games.

16 hours ago, tartanpar said:

I don't think they have announced the date of the Nations League draw. It will be after the play offs in November. 

The Nations League us quite straightforward. As mentioned before, just read about it on the uefa website. 

Hopefully we will be in one of the groups of 4 (rather than the group of 3) so we get more games.

strange they haven't confirmed a date for the draw, given who and how many will attend though fixtures are decided by computer these days

The way I'm reading the format with our current ranking of 26 on the European co efficient table would put us in pot 3 probably in the group of 3 teams it's 1 load of money making pish if u ask me it says these games will be played within the 6 days of the double headers of the Euro qualifiers and World Cup qualifiers

15th November is the date that the rankings will be used to sort out the league positions

On 13/08/2017 at 7:32 PM, Newryrep said:

surely the matches are next Sept Oct Nov

qualifiers start Sept 18, I would of thought Nov 17 for the draw but

a. cant find anywhere the date of the draw anywhere

b. it might be a bit close to the wc  finals draw

having said that I distinctly remember  we knew we had 3 aways in set oct nov after the euros on 2016

The qualifiers proper don't start until March 2019. It's all changed because of the Nations League. 

On 13/08/2017 at 5:23 PM, Orraloon said:

Aye, the Nations League draw will be the next one. Probably in November 2017 but I don't think they have set an exact date yet. I have heard 15th Nov but I don't know if that has been confirmed. It's fairly straight forward really if you can be bothered to read the UEFA guff that explains it. 

Yeah I've read up on it and I understand the format. Not sure I understand the point in it though. 

Ok so there will be less meaningless games but we are going to end up with a couple of p1sh teams at the finals. 

It will get to the stage where we will be wishing our ranking gets so low that we are in the Nations League division with the Faroes, Luxembourg and San Marino etc. 

I suppose an additional chance to qualify might not be a bad thing but I'd personally rather have a playoff place for third in the qualifying groups. 

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The qualifiers proper don't start until March 2019. It's all changed because of the Nations League. 

but there are away trips to think about/planning  Sept Oct Nov 18 - clearly being at the wc finals will have an effect as the euros and 3 aways was in 2016 financially and holiday wise challenging - still it would be a nice problem to have

On 14/08/2017 at 4:43 PM, jcs said:

The way I'm reading the format with our current ranking of 26 on the European co efficient table would put us in pot 3 probably in the group of 3 teams it's 1 load of money making pish if u ask me it says these games will be played within the 6 days of the double headers of the Euro qualifiers and World Cup qualifiers

15th November is the date that the rankings will be used to sort out the league positions

We will almost certainly be in League C. From there the teams are split into pots. It is then a draw and three of the groups will have four teams and one group with three teams. Whether we get the group of three or four is just down to the draw. Hopefully we get one of the groups of four.