Squad Announcement - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcement

jamboman

23 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

McGinn has been different class this season so far - a lot better than last season. I would even start him in these games.

Green Tinted Glasses maybe, but he seems to bulked up and getting stuck in. 

McGinn really impressed me when I saw play for Hibs against Thistle last week.  Looked a class act - a throwback to the days when Scottish midfielders could play a forward pass!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI Barry Bannan is in excellent form, he has had two man of the match performances in a row and I am not sure if Liam Palmer has started any games this season but regardless defensibly Wednesday are off to a ropey start, better to have Hanley who has experience as a squad member who is in a similar position.  

10 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Looks like Olver Burke's Scotland career is over while Strachan is in charge. Saying that, his career at Liepzig also looks over.

That's a shame.  Crystal Palace reportedly interested though.

20 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bannan and Fletcher out.

McGregor and Shinnie in.

Really don't see how that'd make much of a difference, especially when we're still just about in it.

For McGregor, there's a bigger argument to swap Armstrong who's been out of sorts. Not much point when Armstrong's integrated into the squad and systems,

Bannan played 90mins at the weekend, maybe MoM(?), suits Strachan's passing game and is by all accounts loved by Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Fletcher played 90mins at the weekend in Stoke's win against Arsenal. He's unlikely to start, but his experience and leadership is bound to be useful at the tail end of the campaign.

Shinnie's surely viewed as just a decent battling SPL player.

2 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

Really don't see how that'd make much of a difference, especially when we're still just about in it.

For McGregor, there's a bigger argument to swap Armstrong who's been out of sorts. Not much point when Armstrong's integrated into the squad and systems,

Bannan played 90mins at the weekend, maybe MoM(?), suits Strachan's passing game and is by all accounts loved by Sheffield Wednesday fans.

Fletcher played 90mins at the weekend in Stoke's win against Arsenal. He's unlikely to start, but his experience and leadership is bound to be useful at the tail end of the campaign.

Might have read it wrong but it might have been Steven Fletcher rather than Darren Fletcher.

Good to see Archer called up and Hamilton dropped. Although no idea how Hamilton has started this season for Hearts (couple of decent saves on Saturday)

I'd have called Stevie May up for a laugh. Would be a good option for a run out against Malta. Better than giving a hatrick to Martin or Fletcher anyway. 

I would imagine Burke will be back in the U21's for their game against the Netherlands next month (so he will still get a good test).

Think Burke was maybe pushed a little to far by Strachan before he was fully ready (though I put it more down to Strachan not using him right in his tactics)

1 hour ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Looks like Olver Burke's Scotland career is over while Strachan is in charge. Saying that, his career at Liepzig also looks over.

20 years old and he is already being written off after not getting as much game time as he would have liked for the runners up in the German league arguably the third best league in the world 

McGregor should be in the squad. He's had a much better season than Armstrong but there is a good argument for all the Celtic players to be called up and start against Lithuania.

Other than McGregor, I can't see too much wrong with the squad. Our options aren't great. 

Good to see a few "Jordan Archer - who the feck is he ?" and "I've never heard of him, so he must be pish" sentiments expressed online. :rolleyes:

Why is it so hard for some people to spend just ten seconds looking a player up on Google or Wikipedia ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Give it an hour or so and you'll see the usual suspects online wailing about how Danny Wilson, Lee Wallace, Ryan Jack and Graham Dorrans should have been called up :rollsmile:

Bannan, Darren Fletcher, Naismith and Snodgrass should be dropped. Got to move on from them.

Pleased to see Tom Cairney is still in there. Good option from the bench.

Agreed, Bannan/Fletcher should be getting zero game time, especially ahead of Cairney/McGregor. Naismith I'd rather not have but struggle to see many good bench alternatives and at the end of the day it With Snodgrass there's a player in there somewhere, he should be in the squad but not starting.

Is James Morrison injured ? Not that I am that bothered, but strange he started England game and now is out all together. Hope Snodgrass gets his club form back or gets a move as he not the same since joining West Ham.

Oliver Burke so needs to go out on loan and play on a regular basis as I reckon he is the best young player we have by a long way.

2 hours ago, the_fadiator said:

Bannan has had two back to back MoM performances, on a great run of form right now.  Not saying a starter, we have to look at the tool box and see which tool fits the tactics and opposition and who is in form. 

3 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Is James Morrison injured ? Not that I am that bothered, but strange he started England game and now is out all together. Hope Snodgrass gets his club form back or gets a move as he not the same since joining West Ham.

Oliver Burke so needs to go out on loan and play on a regular basis as I reckon he is the best young player we have by a long way.

No, that happens to be Kieran Tierney.