Squad Announcement - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcement

jamboman

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He was one of our best players .................. ten years ago.

We need to focus on players such as Tom Cairney, Callum McGregor, John McGinn and co from now on. 

Fletcher is one of yesterdays men.

Fletcher would be a defensive centre mid which non of the players you stated would play that position, which defensive centre mid's would you choose 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, borojock said:

Fletcher would be a defensive centre mid which non of the players you stated would play that position, which defensive centre mid's would you choose 

You don't necessarily have to swap one defensive midfielder for another defensive midfielder. Depends on your formation and system.

McGinn and Shinnie need to be given chances to show what they can do in that role from now on.

It's time to leave out Naismith and Darren Fletcher. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people". 

Is that not what everyone on this thread is doing?

Anyway, Strachan has his favourites, which everyone does, but his attitude towards some is beyond a joke. Hanley and Shinnie are two excellent examples.

Only Brown, Fletcher and Gordon have huge experience in that squad. Can't possibly understand the calls for getting rid of Fletcher.

He's played at a far higher level than the rest of the squad combined, and continues to hold down a place in mid-table BPL teams.

He doesn't even need to play to be valuable to this squad. There are players we need less than Fletcher in this team.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Is that not what everyone on this thread is doing?

Anyway, Strachan has his favourites, which everyone does, but his attitude towards some is beyond a joke. Hanley and Shinnie are two excellent examples.

Nah, we're discussing the Scotland squad, that's the issue. The other poster was discussing someone who was discussing the issue. 

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You don't necessarily have to swap one defensive midfielder for another defensive midfielder. Depends on your formation and system.

McGinn and Shinnie need to be given chances to show what they can do in that role from now on.

It's time to leave out Naismith and Darren Fletcher. 

But according to wee chicken baws these are just a couple of the guys he's been able to rely on for the last four years

*Guys he's been able to rely on to fail to qualify for the last four years but guys he can rely on nonetheless 

Edited by DoonTheSlope

13 hours ago, macy37 said:

Folk bleating on about players in the championship. Have you actually been to any games in this league? The standard is not exactly mind blowing. 

Neither is the scottish league though 

28 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Neither is the scottish league though 

I don't think anyone on here thinks that. It's just the brainwashed tunnel vision that a lot of the English tele brigade have which is annoying. 

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's time to leave out Darren Fletcher because, .. because I say so

You've said repeatedly you don't like Fletcher without giving a single reason.

Now you're comparing him to Naismith who plays in a different league and a different position.

On 08/22/2017 at 5:29 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

It's time to leave out Darren Fletcher. 

Fletcher isn't there to be a guaranteed starter but an old head to bring on if needed. He has been class in the games I've seen this season.

He is also someone who the young players in the squad can learn from and is almost like another coach.

It's just typical of our support that players like this get treated the way they do. He is in a long list going back many years. Our support even boo their own players before they have even kicked a ball.

Im with Strachan 100% and I think that other than McGregor he has picked about the strongest squad he could.

Guest MorayCupMan

No real surprises for me in the squad and can't really complain considering the last 2 games we played.

Even if I think McGregor should be in the squad I don't think he would have started or made to much of an appearance, because why would you tinker too much with the midfield after the last two performances have been the best we have played in a long time.

As for people suggesting the guy is clueless I think that is a little harsh as I think he might have just turned this around. Hopefully

7 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

As were you with your childish retort to some one calling the SPFL the SPL thus making their opinion invalid

Nope. It's just difficult for me to give much credence to the opinion of someone who knows so little about the league, that they can't even get the name right. 

Anyway, anything to say about the Scotland squad? 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Nope. It's just difficult for me to give much credence to the opinion of someone who knows so little about the league, that they can't even get the name right. 

Anyway, anything to say about the Scotland squad? 

It's  petty and you know it. You know what he meant and SPL is easy to type on a mobile! 

Bannan, Martin and S Fletcher are all wastes of a jersey. People keep saying Bannan is playing well for his club but he's been doing great before and every time is invisible for Scotland. He's just not good enough.

Martin is a cart horse and Fletcher is just a piss poor striker. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Bannan, Martin and S Fletcher are all wastes of a jersey. People keep saying Bannan is playing well for his club but he's been doing great before and every time is invisible for Scotland. He's just not good enough.

Martin is a cart horse and Fletcher is just a piss poor striker. 

I think Bannan merits his place in the squad. I do agree with you about the other two. Martin more so. Surely to hell now we should be looking at guys like May to take his squad place. I know May has it to prove after his injuries but a half fit May would bring more get up and go from the bench just now over that lump of wood Martin.

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

I think Bannan merits his place in the squad. I do agree with you about the other two. Martin more so. Surely to hell now we should be looking at guys like May to take his squad place. I know May has it to prove after his injuries but a half fit May would bring more get up and go from the bench just now over that lump of wood Martin.

And yet 7 of our 9 goals in this campaign have been scored while Martin's been on the field of play (the other two being after he was subbed v Malta when the game was already done.).

Who'd be a football manager, eh?

Edited by Barney Rubble

23 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

It's  petty and you know it. You know what he meant and SPL is easy to type on a mobile! 

Parklife being petty? I don't believe that for one second:lol:

Edited by vanderark14

9 hours ago, Ormond said:

I can't agree on Bannan. He's had 24 caps yet not once has he made either a telling or important contribution. He consistently looks out of his depth at international level and basically isn't up to it. 

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

And yet 7 of our 9 goals in this campaign have been scored while Martin's been on the field of play (the other two being after he was subbed v Malta when the game was already done.).

Who'd be a football manager, eh?

Not sure what your point is. He is rank rotten. He scored against Malta and Gibraltar . Id have expected to score against them. 

His only real contribution was the goal against Slovenia. 1 contribution in 12 caps? 

Replace him with Griffiths in those games and we score more goals.