Squad Announcement - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcement

jamboman

11 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

Is James Morrison injured ? Not that I am that bothered, but strange he started England game and now is out all together.

He damaged his knee ligaments in the England game and has been out all summer

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Bannan has had two back to back MoM performances, on a great run of form right now.  Not saying a starter, we have to look at the tool box and see which tool fits the tactics and opposition and who is in form

That all makes sense but we have a manager who doesn't do that though. He's previously picked players without a club.

3 hours ago, borojock said:

Out of interest if you were the manager who would you have left out, who would you have in instead of them and why. I dont see any howlers of mistakes myself 

Hanley wouldn't be near the squad because he isn't playing. You can say the same for Anya also.

Bannan instead of McGregor!? You're having a laugh

3 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Just FYI Barry Bannan is in excellent form, he has had two man of the match performances in a row 

I can guarantee you that if given any game time he will produce the square root of hee-haw

I keep hearing that he is playing well for his club but he never ever reproduced that form at an international level. He's had his chance, his time was up years ago

Get McGregor or O'Halloran called up. Two players in form who deserve a call up

9 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

He has had a poor start to the season and isn't playing for his club.

Good player who's going through a sticky bit of form. Was good for Celtic and Scotland last season.

Go on, who do we replace him with Jack or Dorrans ? :lol:

12 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think uncertainty about Armstrongs future has a a lot to do with his current game time/form. Doubt if he will in Scotland after transfer market closes.

He signed a contract with Celtic 3 days ago lasting until 2019

Two players I'd have liked to have seen in the squad....

Barrie McKay. Is he in the under 21s? Had a brilliant start to the season for Forest and would be in with one eye to the 2020 qualifiers.

Barry Douglas. Been great for Wolves as wing back in their 3-5-2. I know he's left footed but you could say have him as a sub and bring him on for Robertson after an hour and keep Tierney at CB. I also like the wierd route he's taken, not just gone for the money to England straight from the SPL.

6 hours ago, robbo cop said:

Is James Morrison injured ? Not that I am that bothered, but strange he started England game and now is out all together. Hope Snodgrass gets his club form back or gets a move as he not the same since joining West Ham.

Oliver Burke so needs to go out on loan and play on a regular basis as I reckon he is the best young player we have by a long way.

What are you basing that opinion of Burke on? All I've ever see him do is demonstrate he's fast. 

9 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

What are you basing that opinion of Burke on? All I've ever see him do is demonstrate he's fast. 

His few full games for Forest that earned him his move showed he could cross,  dribble, beat his man with that pace and he also scored a few. What could have been a brilliant move turned out not so good for a great reason - Liepzig challenging for the title meaning it was so hard for him to get starts. Hope he goes out on loan somewhere that he can be playing full games. Don't want to write him off on the evidence that he is only a regular sub for the second or third best team in Germany.

36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The continued omission of the best non-Celtic player in Scotland is a total farce. Phvck Strachan. 

who?

why not just say who you are referring to or is this like one of those facebook posts when women want someone to ask "whats up chick":lol::lol: