Squad Announcement - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad Announcement

jamboman

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

who?

why not just say who you are referring to or is this like one of those facebook posts when women want someone to ask "whats up chick":lol::lol:

Shinnie. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Shinnie. 

I will probably be on my own here but I would have called up Stevie May too. He has started with a bang and he will be full of confidence. He would be a better option to bring instead of Martin, Naismith or Fletcher.

Guest BlueGaz
2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I will probably be on my own here but I would have called up Stevie May too. He has started with a bang and he will be full of confidence. He would be a better option to bring instead of Martin, Naismith or Fletcher.

I would have too.  Not sure he could start, but must be potentially in the plans for the new campaign, if he continues as he has started.  Maybe Strachan feels he is blessed with strikers.  A fit May and Griffiths would be a good pair to have available.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

I would have too.  Not sure he could start, but must be potentially in the plans for the new campaign, if he continues as he has started.  Maybe Strachan feels he is blessed with strikers.  A fit May and Griffiths would be a good pair to have available.

I wouldn't start May because Griffiths is on fire, May showed his talent on Saturday, two goals out of nothing. 

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

I wouldn't start May because Griffiths is on fire, May showed his talent on Saturday, two goals out of nothing. 

I  wouldn't either, but get him in the fold at least for next campaign.

9 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm just not sure how sharp he is. Think he still needs to do a bit more before he gets back in the squad. Although i'd be more confident bringing him off the bench than Fletcher if we're looking for a goal vs Lithuania or Malta. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

I'm just not sure how sharp he is. Think he still needs to do a bit more before he gets back in the squad. Although i'd be more confident bringing him off the bench than Fletcher if we're looking for a goal vs Lithuania or Malta. 

he was sharp enough to pull off those goals on saturday, he will be sharper than chris martin....................milk turns quicker than him

There's decent arguments for all of them.

Darren Fletcher's one of our leaders, is a good organiser and whilst his Scotland career may be coming to an end, I don't think it's wise to ditch him at this stage, especially when he's playing 90 mins in the EPL.

Snodgrass is lucky to get in, but is a better wide player than Shinnie and McGregor. He's also proven he can score and create goals for us so that threat probably shaded it for him.

Bannan has started the season on fire, so saying he shouldn't be in may be more about greater exposure to the Scottish game.

16 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Having been away and successful at a higher level, I wonder how many goals Fletcher would score against a Dundee defence.

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think if May had signed for Aberdeen much earlier in the summer and had been involved in the European games, he might have sneaked in, but I think the move just came a month to late for him to find his way into Strachans squad plans.

If he continues with his early form, good chance he will be there or there about's for the next squad or any games in November.

12 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

Having been away and successful at a higher level, I wonder how many goals Fletcher would score against a Dundee defence.

Seen as in the best goal-scoring season of his career, he managed 13 goals, i'd guess not very many. 

I'd also argue the last time he could be considered to have had a "successful" season was the 2012-13 season (9 goals for Sunderland who finished 17th in the EPL), which was quite some time ago now...

Edited by Parklife

15 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I wouldn't have had either Armstrong or forest in.  Especially forest, waste of a jersey.

First time in about 6 squads he deserves to be in.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

who?

why not just say who you are referring to or is this like one of those facebook posts when women want someone to ask "whats up chick":lol::lol:

Awwww dm me hen n we will talk aboot it <_<

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Seen as in the best goal-scoring season of his career, he managed 13 goals, i'd guess not very many. 

I'd also argue the last time he could be considered to have had a "successful" season was the 2012-13 season, which was quite some time ago now...

Maybe. Agree Fletcher isn't exactly prolific. Started 24, scored 11 last season is respectable enough, especially when he has decent link up play.

I like May and hope he does well and gets a move to a bigger club. It's disappointing that he didn't do much in England and has stagnated for a few years.

6 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

Maybe. Agree Fletcher isn't exactly prolific. Started 24, scored 11 last season is respectable enough, especially when he has decent link up play.

I like May and hope he does well and gets a move to a bigger club. It's disappointing that he didn't do much in England and has stagnated for a few years.

He suffered two serious injuries that kept him out for prolonged periods. It wasn't through lack of effort or ability.

5 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

It's definitely not, but it's better than the SPL.

There's no such thing as "the SPL". 

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

He suffered two serious injuries that kept him out for prolonged periods. It wasn't through lack of effort or ability.

Exactly. 

12 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

He didn't exactly set the Championship on fire in his first season. There couldn't have been too many clubs willing to take a punt on him so it's good he's gone down a level to hopefully show what he can do.

8 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

No hugely relevant to the point being made, but take that one. :ok:

Well, it'd be if you were having a serious discussion on it, it'd be fairly easy for someone to question your knowledge of the standard of the football, given you didn't even know that the SPL stopped over 4 years ago. 

21 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Bannan, Darren Fletcher, Naismith and Snodgrass should be dropped. Got to move on from them.

Drop Darren Fletcher? He puts in an absolutely solid 90 minutes in a win against Arsenal, and you think that's the perfect time to drop him and move on?

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Well, it'd be if you were having a serious discussion on it, it'd be fairly easy for someone to question your knowledge of the standard of the football, given you didn't even know that the SPL stopped over 4 years ago. 

I didn't know? Really. Some people fall into habits. I have the Esh-Pee-Ell ingrained. I have absolutely no doubt you spend far more of your time than I do watching and thinking about Scottish football. I wouldn't have it any other way.