Scottish SPL Players - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish SPL Players

jamboman

The anti James Forrest thing is a real bandwagon-jumping thing. I get he sometimes has ineffective games. He's a winger, it's the nature of the beast. He's started the season well for Celtic. Think he is deserving of a starting slot for Scotland.

I realise im in minority but not going to hide this opinion for fear of being shot down. I'm pro Forrest and proud. So there.

4 hours ago, duncan II said:

The anti James Forrest thing is a real bandwagon-jumping thing. I get he sometimes has ineffective games. He's a winger, it's the nature of the beast. He's started the season well for Celtic. Think he is deserving of a starting slot for Scotland.

I realise im in minority but not going to hide this opinion for fear of being shot down. I'm pro Forrest and proud. So there.

Me too. I think he is a cracking player.

6 hours ago, Jagtag said:

Me too. I think he is a cracking player.

Hes a one trick pony but He's a cracking player at Celtic because he gets the freedom he needs to be effective. When playing for Scotland he's beyond useless whe he should needed to to do more work.

12 hours ago, duncan II said:

It's not a bandwagon thing. People have formed opinions on what they've seen. We are all pro-Forrest in that we want him to be a superstar, unfortunately, time after time he's proved he's not. Get used to watching him playing in the smaller games as he rightfully makes way for Roberts when he signs up again. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Hes a one trick pony but He's a cracking player at Celtic because he gets the freedom he needs to be effective. When playing for Scotland he's beyond useless whe he should needed to to do more work.

Can't disagree with that. The boy is a decent club player but has been utter pish at international level. 

On 19/08/2017 at 8:59 PM, duncan II said:

It's hardly a bandwagon thing.  Forrest has 17 caps for Scotland and I genuinely cannot remember him having a performance to remember.

Matt Ritchie has 14 caps and at least can claim to have made a difference in games that mattered.

Don't get me wrong, I like James Forrest and he appears to have started the season well.  I just cannot defend him as a sure-started for Scotland on his performances in a blue shirt.

I expect him to start against Lithuania, but that's because of recent games for Celtic, not because he's proven at international level.  

16 minutes ago, McDange said:

The problem with playing in the SPL week in week out is that it doesn't really prepare for playing against the top international teams. 

Lithuania and Malta are not top international teams.

Mind you, no team other than Celtic appear to be able to deal with the minnows of european football. I'd play Celtic players simply because they believe matches are winnable.

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Michael O'Halloran should be called up

Disagree. Three games against Killie, Motherwell and Thistle is nowhere near enough to be called up. Yes, he was the outstanding Scottish player in the country before he left us but he's been sitting on the bench since for the Huns. 

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Disagree. Three games against Killie, Motherwell and Thistle is nowhere near enough to be called up. Yes, he was the outstanding Scottish player in the country before he left us but he's been sitting on the bench since for the Huns. 

How many players has wee chicken baws called up during his time that haven't played for months

Hes an inform player, I always get told that Barry Bannan is in form for his club but he does hee-haw when called upon by the national team and I guarantee he'll do zilch in both of these two games, other than smack the ball into the first man at every cross, corner and free kick

Michael O'Halloran might be the exact same but unless you take a chance we'll never find out

On 19/08/2017 at 7:59 PM, duncan II said:

Forrest is gash